Sign in to follow this  

Small metal shavings at C/S sprocket?!?

Don't really know how to explain this because for all I know it could be normal.

I have found gooy chain lube? with a tiny bit of metal in it.

The metal in the goo is very very small. When I squish the goo with my fingers its not sharp or anything like that. I can barely feel the little metal bits in the goo.

1452862477796.jpg

1452862538130.jpg

1452862562095.jpg

1452862578538.jpg

1452862594101.jpg

Countershaft nut looks loose.  See the red streaks.

Your chain is eating through the aluminum piece that the rubber block goes in. Replace both or go with tmv chain guide.

I don't quite know what you are saying as I'm still a Noob with the DRZ.

It's in the 3rd picture you posted, the metal mud is coming from those notches worn into the aluminum chain guide housing. 

👍

Edited by Kenstone
  • Like 3

It's in the 3rd picture you posted, the metal mud is coming from those notches worn into the aluminum chain guide housing.

👍

The chain doesn't seem to be touching it when I look into it unless I push the chain downwards onto it. Also I think the grooves in picture 3 are from the old owner. Also would it be alright if I was to ride the bike as is for two days?

I have one last question and that being there was no gooy metal stuff before I loctited the C/S sprocket nut on.

Did I &%$#@! something up by loctiting the C/S sprocket nut on?

Is there an aftermarket chain guide that will do the exact same thing or do I need to buy OEM?

I need the part asap because I'm going camping on Wednesday. 

As long as it is cheaper than $80 I don't care lol just need to be able to buy the part from a local shop in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers!

Is there an aftermarket chain guide that will do the exact same thing or do I need to buy OEM?

I need the part asap because I'm going camping on Wednesday.

As long as it is cheaper than $80 I don't care lol just need to be able to buy the part from a local shop in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers!

There are tons of aftermarket solutions. Acerbis is the first that comes to mind if you want to keep the stock guide and replace only the plastic. If you want to replace the whole thing look up TM designs
  • Like 1

There are tons of aftermarket solutions. Acerbis is the first that comes to mind if you want to keep the stock guide and replace only the plastic. If you want to replace the whole thing look up TM designs

Thank you! 🙂