Sign in to follow this  

TM-40 installation

Hi,

Does someone can tell me if it's hard to fit a TM40 in a DRZ?  

Last spring, I fit a FCR37 from a YZ250F to my DRZ (got a huge deal!).   I get a really get more snap with this one.  Not really more power but in single track ridding, i'm really happy with it!.  I extend intake of carb about 1 inch with a stainless tube to fit in intake boot.  So there no velocity stack.  Does it really hurt.. don'T really know.

So now, I'm rebuiling my engine with 440 BB kit and hotcam stage 1 and  I think FCR37 is too small to get full potential of BB kit so I want to upgrade it.

I really like to work with FCR, it's a great carb but really expensive.

I was looking to alternative and found the TM40-6.  Near half price of FCR for a pumper carb.  Do someone try the TM40?  Any picture to the installation?  Any feedback form those running this carb?

It's been discussed a bit before! - You'll find some info if you search Google for "tm40 drz site:thumpertalk.com"

• Like 2

i`v just installed one a month ago its not that hard to fit you just need to switch the cables and when you`r installing the tank you need to turn it a little bit to the right cause the fuel petcock will hit the carb if you try to install the tank staight and then you can straight the tank and bolt it on. BTW really good carb and very easy to get and do power wheelies in 2nd gear

• Like 2

i`v just installed one a month ago its not that hard to fit you just need to switch the cables and when you`r installing the tank you need to turn it a little bit to the right cause the fuel petcock will hit the carb if you try to install the tank staight and then you can straight the tank and bolt it on. BTW really good carb and very easy to get and do power wheelies in 2nd gear

I hope my Clarke tank won't cause problem with this carb....