Sign in to follow this  

Wiring Stock Tail light

Hey Guys , getting rid of baja designs street legal rear light set up, going back to stock . was reading somewhere u have to add a wire to make work. Is this correct ? looks like my new stock xr4unit has a dual filament bulb already . can someone direct me to a link . Thanks 

I got frustrated trying to "search topics" , ,          How'd you do that ? Is there a tuturiol on this site on how to do that ? Thanks Trailryder ,, :jawdrop: i actually figured out on my own. :ride: .. just need to connect and see how it works.! 

I knew it had been discussed before but sometimes, trying to weed thru the search results in TT can be time consuming.

If I can't find something doing a search within TT, I try Google. It brought up this TT link.

Edited by Trailryder42

Also if you want to significantly reduce the wattage draw from that tail light, I've been running a dual filament equivalent LED since I converted mine a couple years ago. Got it from SuperBrightLED.com and its also significant brighter than the stock bulb - 1157-R45-T 1157 Red is the bulb I used. Red because white LED supposedly gives a purplish light when combined with the red lens.