Dungey was here!

I think it was dungey's wheel hop into the lane that caused all the mess. Stewart was cutting in but many were.

Somebody mentioned they had the landings to close to the turn. I saw others get out of shape and weird corners. Especially after the second time watching.

Dungey couldn't help it. Others were doing the same thing. Just bad timing. Most of the turns at A1 looked like the landings were as far as they could be before the turn. Hope they fix that....unless they knew that's what they wanted (wrecks).

• Like 3

Dungey's Front Brake didn't make contact with Stews swing arm.  But am curious how straight his front end was.

But I was watching the go pro...Stewart sure looks like he cut that turn tight....maybe its the fish eye on the go pro that makes it look worse.

Stew%20vs%20Dung_zpsvqycul3l.jpg

Thats a great screenshot.  One of these riders is actually turning halfway through the corner, the other is not.  And you still think Stewart was the one cutting the corner.  Dungey cut the entire first half of it.

Anyone who knows racing will understand the difference between riding dirty and riding respectfully.  The good old days with RC and McGrath would have been a lot different if they were just taking each other out at every opportunity.  This move was at best careless and its a shame to see it happen to one of the most entertaining competitors in the sport.

• Like 2

He didn't take that line by accident.  He would have entered the corner at the apex if he had clipped the landing or not.  Had he jumped further and cleared the landing he would have still hit Stewart.  You see the dirt down where Dungey is at?  With all of the bulldozer tracks in it?  That's because nobody would dive inside like that because its a slow, terrible line.  You can't do anything but T-bone somebody from down there.

I would love to see the roles reversed here.  Had it been the other way around you guys would all be saying James rides dangerous and is out of control.

• Like 1

He didn't take that line by accident.  He would have entered the corner at the apex if he had clipped the landing or not.  Had he jumped further and cleared the landing he would have still hit Stewart.  You see the dirt down where Dungey is at?  With all of the bulldozer tracks in it?  That's because nobody would dive inside like that because its a slow, terrible line.  You can't do anything but T-bone somebody from down there.

I would love to see the roles reversed here.  Had it been the other way around you guys would all be saying James rides dangerous and is out of control.

You mean the untouched bulldozer tracks Stewart was about to run over?  Looks like Stewart was running a unique line too.   In Stewart's defense, Dungey on his old bike commonly railed the outside line.   New bike, new lines.

Someone said that Dungey tripled in.   He made is line choice before Stewart started turning.  Once airborne, not much of a choice.

Clipped the top, oh crap.  (note the rear wheel hopped to the inside.)  Stewart turned down, oh double crap.

I hope Stewart is back.   The races are better with him.  And not to watch him crash.   He creates new lines.

Edited by Kev_XR

People are getting way too uptight over nothing folks! 

Statistically speaking, it is only a matter of a few races before JS disappears from any semblance of contention. I Guar-An-Tee you all, come the end of the season, JS will not be in contention. He will take himself out long before that and start making up random excuses for not racing. He does it every single year folks, if you disagree I'm sorry to say, you are just in denial!

Would it have been different if the tables were turned? HELL YES it would have! If JS bonked RD, it actually would have changed the course of the championship!

I can make a proof of my point. RD ended up getting taken out by TC after the restart. RD ended up falling back quite a bit, and eventually passed all the way back to 2nd. When was the last time we saw that kind of spirit from JS? Yes I know it has happened...but seriously folks its been a really long time.

• Like 2

You mean the untouched bulldozer tracks Stewart was about to run over?  Looks like Stewart was running a unique line too.   In Stewart's defense, Dungey on his old bike commonly railed the outside line.   New bike, new lines.

Someone said that Dungey tripled in.   He made is line choice before Stewart started turning.  Once airborne, not much of a choice.

Clipped the top, oh crap.  (note the rear wheel hopped to the inside.)  Stewart turned down, oh double crap.

I hope Stewart is back.   The races are better with him.  And not to watch him crash.   He creates new lines.

Stewart was maybe a foot inside of the line of the bike in front of him.  If he was going to cut low and inside it would have been exiting the turn, after the apex.  Dungey is low and inside after the apex and still has yet to pivot he T-boned Stewart.  He wasn't even carrying that much speed.  He just rode into him.

That was a garbage move.  That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Stewart was maybe a foot inside of the line of the bike in front of him.  If he was going to cut low and inside it would have been exiting the turn, after the apex.  Dungey is low and inside after the apex and still has yet to pivot he T-boned Stewart.  He wasn't even carrying that much speed.  He just rode into him.

That was a garbage move.  That's all I'm saying.

At least no one is bitching about Dungey lacking aggression and following other riders too much.  ?

• Like 3

The contact was a combination of Stewart cutting down extremely early and Dungey coming up short on the jump into the corner. If Stewart takes the main line there is no contact, and if Dungey lands the jump clean there is maybe slight contact but not the slam that it resulted in. However, the combination of both happening at the same time resulted in what you saw. No fault on anyone IMO, just a racing incident... You can try to predict what your opponents are going to do, but you're not always going to be right.

• Like 2

BS. Dungy made an amature move in a fit of dismay because he was not out front. No longer a fan, not because of what Dungy did but because his fans have proven to be little more than pea brained nut swingers.

Yea because Dungey has such a long history of this type of behavior ? ... If ever there has been a title contender that is comfortable not being out front, it's Dungey. He's been criticized for it his entire career.

• Like 2