Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Webb goes 450 after west coast?

Will it happen? Would definitely like to see that

skip to 2:05

Edited by Arctic Pride
  • Like 2

They should run all 8 West Coast rounds, then 8 East Coast rounds.

If Webb almost has the title wrapped up, but not quite, it will be hard risk a title by letting him ride 450's.

Then again, if they want to sign him for the 450 class, it might be up to his desires.

Either way, I bet he does line up for Daytona.

I imagine he will run minimum of a race or two on the 450 out east. Question is, what rig will he pit out of, Star Racing, JGR or the Factory Yamaha rig with Reed?

Not a question it would just be a 450 in the Star rig. Absolutely no reason to be with another team

• Like 2

He mentioned in an interview after last week's race that he spent a lot of time before coming into Anaheim on the 450. I wouldn't count it out, but it would suck for him to wad it up running some East races on the 450 and have it affect his run at Nationals.

• Like 1

A 450 is too much bike for the little douche.

• Like 2

Little douche will surpass RV on the all time greats list someday.

Unless he grows up and loses the attitude he's going to have a target on his back.

That won't happen. 

• Like 2

You are the only hater I know of, and you are a fly over so what's the big deal?

Everyone I know can't stand the little jerk. And define fly over please.

I became a webb fan last year. And i could see him fighting for a 450 title his rookie year, but i dont think he will be a RV. Although i may be biased, i like RV alot

• Like 1

He's had many rides and races on the 450. Mostly overseas stuff. He seems to ride it well. He'll be a contender when he moves up.

If he does, then he'll be the little douche that surpassed RV...... 👍

I thought he looked pretty good on the 450 at Glen Helen.  But racing SX on a 450 is probably a bit different of a jump than MX.

I would bet Yamaha would throw him on a 450 at a few races since I don't think he's ever raced any of the East Coast tracks.  I'd put $$ on him being at Daytona.

I thought he looked pretty good on the 450 at Glen Helen.  But racing SX on a 450 is probably a bit different of a jump than MX.

I would bet Yamaha would throw him on a 450 at a few races since I don't think he's ever raced any of the East Coast tracks.  I'd put $$ on him being at Daytona.

Yeah it's hard to say on a SX track, although he did well at the Aus-X open or whatever it was called and that was like arenacross on 450's.  Outdoors he has done a number of races on the 450 and at a high level.