Sign in to follow this  

Leatt 5.5 and TLD BG 5955

Is anyone else using this neck brace/chest protector combination?

https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/50400310

http://www.leatt.com/shop/braces/gpx-5-47.html

I have been wearing the 5955 for a few years now and really like it. I decided to start wearing a neck brace and bought what was recommended for off-road riding. I removed a few pieces of the 5955 and tried wearing the 5.5 over it, but it moves around while I'm riding. (technical woods stuff) I don't see anyway to make the hold-down straps work for collar with the 5955 cp. It's a bitch to get the 5955 on over top of the 5.5. It also feels like it puts alot of pressure on the contact points of the 5.5. and seems like it would cause some soreness issues if worn for hours.

How are you other riders making chest protectors and neck braces work?

Thanks,

I think the best luck u would have is to get the chest protector that is out now to "Mach" your neck brace. I know Leatt now makes a neck/chest combo and they claim that there new chest protectors are meant to fit w/there neck braces. I were a atlas neck brace that is a little lower profile then yours and have worn a chest protector w/it and it works but is VERY annoying. I've herd some guys say we're a "soft" chest protector w/neck brace.

I wear the Leatt 5.5 Body Protector and Neck Brace. I love the level of protection the armor provides, but one sleeve zipper broke on the first ride, and the second zipper on the next ride. I now use zip ties to hold the sleeves in place, although the fabric is now starting to rip. It's also a PITA to put on, and hot to wear, but my primary goal is protection, so I expect a certain level of discomfort.

The neck brace is comfortable enough, but I've been fortunate enough to not test it over the past several months. It works very well with the 5.5 armor.

I am also looking at the TLD armor, and hoping someone with experience will be willing to share their experience.

JimmyM,

I must say I really like the TLD chest protector. There are several different ways you can have it  set-up and adjusted. I hadn't worn it with a neck collar until now. It works ok with the collar on top, but the collar is loose and moves around while I'm riding. TLD designed the CP to be worn with a collar.

I have an Atlas neck brace and Atlas Defender body armor.  They are made to work together.