250kx price advice

Hey guys, I was looking to buy my first Kawasaki 250 kx. I'm more of a quad guy but guess there's a first for everything. I found this guy who would sell me his '99 250kx for 1200 with extra tires, I'm not really sure on the prices of dirt bikes so I wanna see if I can get some feedback on wether this is a good price ?

Hey guys, I was looking to buy my first Kawasaki 250 kx. I'm more of a quad guy but guess there's a first for everything. I found this guy who would sell me his '99 250kx for 1200 with extra tires, I'm not really sure on the prices of dirt bikes so I wanna see if I can get some feedback on wether this is a good price ?

That would be about right. If it runs and is in no major need of immediate work. I would take cash and offer in the neighborhood of  $800-900. That would get you a "good deal". $1200 is what I would consider fair asking price, knowing I am going to have to come down some to sell it.

All just my 2 cents. A lot depends on your area and what is available.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. Yeah I was thinking of doing exactly what you mentioned, although there is one this he told me. The throttle needs to be replaced because it's stuck is that a hefty cost to replace ? Besides that the bike is fine turns on and everything. I am from central California if that helps differ the price ?

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. Yeah I was thinking of doing exactly what you mentioned, although there is one this he told me. The throttle needs to be replaced because it's stuck is that a hefty cost to replace ? Besides that the bike is fine turns on and everything. I am from central California if that helps differ the price ?

New throttle cable and tube is probably about $50 +/- depending on what you want. Not a big deal as long as you can fire it up and ride it around to make sure the motor is tight and can shift through the gears.

In CA that bike is actually worth a little more. Any MX bike 03 and newer is red sticker, which means you can only ride from October - May (dates may be a little wrong) a 99 would be green sticker and you can ride it year round!!!!!