Sign in to follow this  

Help! Malcolm Stewart CRF 450

Hi guys,

I need your help, I have the opportunity of a lifetime of buying the CRF 450 that Malcolm Stewart raced in the 2014 Red Bull Straight Rhythm, yes the black and blue Seven CRF 450 :jawdrop: . My question is, is worth buying it? It comes with all the goodies we all dream of, but I don´t know what is the maintenance on a race machine, I don´t race, i only ride on weekends and just for fun, but I´m not sure if the engine is going to last as long as a stock one between rebuilds. Also, the price is 15k, but keep in mind that I´m from Argentina and I paid 10k for my stock KXF 450 2011 :banghead: . Any replies will be greatly appreciated! 

Andres

Race bikes need race gas and race maintenance. It's basically a supercross bike so suspension will be basically unforgiving to the normal rider. It will be wicked fast and should stop really well but that will be the only two riding qualities you as a "weekend rider" will enjoy.

• Like 1

Nothing but bragging rights.

I'd bet the chassis was set up just for that one event. Plan $ towards making it ridable.

• Like 1

Yes I was a bit unsure about the maintenance, because the owner told me that the engine last longer than a stock one. I get around 130-150 hours between rebuilds, and less would be overkill. Thanks for your replies guys, I think that it is not the bike for me.

So did you buy it, if so lets see the pics.

No, I´m a bit afraid of the maintenance it may need, and also the bike doesn´t have any papework, because it did enter in my country somehow as parts, in a box, not as a complete bike. But man, what a dream I´m still considering it :banghead: