Well, news not good, so my baby must go :-(

Tell us a little about your motorcycle trailer.

Nothing special. It's a cheap little Harbor Freight trailer, 40"x48". I think I paid $200 online delivered to my door. Comes in pieces, so the box is impossibly small. Goes together easy enough. After assembly, it's still small. Too small for a motorcycle. I then ordered a motorcycle rail/ramp combo online. I believe that was $90 for rail and $60 for ramp. I had a ramp already, but I like the ramp that came with rail. They notch up perfectly. If I remember right, the rail is 84" long. Most of that I hung over the tongue of the trailer, and 17.5" hangs off the back. If you google motorcycle rail, it's the most popular one. On the 4 corners of the trailer I put eyebolts, and then 2 more in the middle, for 6 total. 2 in middle never get used. The 4 would of been good enough. On each side of the rail I put some plywood down to stand on when loading a bike. The completed trailer this way works really well to be honest, and is super small when not in use, so easy to store. I towed my CRF250L all over the place with it. A CRF250L is a perfect fit on the trailer. The Grom is a bit small haha.

IF someone were to copy this, I highly recommend putting the rail in the same spot I did, with 17.5" hanging off the back. It wasn't intentional, it was pure luck, but the trailer ends up being perfectly balanced with the CRF250L on it. It's a little nose heavy, but just barely, which is what you want when towing anyways.

Trailer started off as me being cheap, but it works really well. In the end it was about $450 total. Registering and making it legal was easy. Keep all the receipts and paperwork that comes in the box and take to DMV.

EDIT: This is version 2.0 lol. Version 1 had a wood rail made out of a 2"x6" and 2"x4"'s haha. Worked fine, but I eventually got a real rail.

Edited by Old Goat Ninja
  • Like 2

Nothing special. It's a cheap little Harbor Freight trailer, 40"x48". I think I paid $200 online delivered to my door. Comes in pieces, so the box is impossibly small. Goes together easy enough. After assembly, it's still small. Too small for a motorcycle. I then ordered a motorcycle rail/ramp combo online. I believe that was $90 for rail and $60 for ramp. I had a ramp already, but I like the ramp that came with rail. They notch up perfectly. If I remember right, the rail is 84" long. Most of that I hung over the tongue of the trailer, and 17.5" hangs off the back. If you google motorcycle rail, it's the most popular one. On the 4 corners of the trailer I put eyebolts, and then 2 more in the middle, for 6 total. 2 in middle never get used. The 4 would of been good enough. On each side of the rail I put some plywood down to stand on when loading a bike. The completed trailer this way works really well to be honest, and is super small when not in use, so easy to store. I towed my CRF250L all over the place with it. A CRF250L is a perfect fit on the trailer. The Grom is a bit small haha.

IF someone were to copy this, I highly recommend putting the rail in the same spot I did, with 17.5" hanging off the back. It wasn't intentional, it was pure luck, but the trailer ends up being perfectly balanced with the CRF250L on it. It's a little nose heavy, but just barely, which is what you want when towing anyways.

Trailer started off as me being cheap, but it works really well. In the end it was about $450 total. Registering and making it legal was easy. Keep all the receipts and paperwork that comes in the box and take to DMV.

EDIT: This is version 2.0 lol. Version 1 had a wood rail made out of a 2"x6" and 2"x4"'s haha. Worked fine, but I eventually got a real rail.

Now thats innovation at its best.  I am seeing a summer project coming on :applause:

You're gonna love that little ride!!

I think so. I only rode it once so far. I really shouldn't have with my current shoulder issues, but I just had to. That was really fun. I originally planned on riding it on the track across the street from work, but after one ride, I think I'll ride it a lot more than that. I have another bike in the garage, but unless I'm going a long distance, I'm pretty the Grom will be my go to bike already. I feel 5 years old on it. I understand now why so many people have a Grom as their only bike now.

• Like 1