Sign in to follow this  

2016 450 SXF Skid Plates

I'm looking for a skid plate but don't want aluminum.  Does anyone know of which plastic or Carbon Fiber (CF) plates are available?  I just got off the phone with Cycra and they won't have any till first of Mach or so.  I am aware of the P3 but those are crazy expensive ($210 for orange).  Any suggestions?  And do you actually have one mounted?

Just bought one from TM Designworks last week for my '16 350. $129 or so I believe, plus another $10 for aluminum clamps to replace the plastic clamp in the rear. And yep, it's mounted....fit perfectly.

A friend said KTMs are available now, but the TMD provides more coverage, especially for the water pump.

Edited by pbody

Though the P3 can be costly, the performance benefits are proven...I prefer P3 over plastic and aluminum all day...

Do you have the P3 "Hybrid" or the "Standard" plate?  Supposedly the Hybrid covers more stuff.

Do you have the P3 "Hybrid" or the "Standard" plate? Supposedly the Hybrid covers more stuff.

I don't have a KTM, I have one on my YZF. by the looks of it, I would call it a Hybrid...

20150916_143312_zpshch4apak.jpg

• Like 1

I'm looking for a skid plate but don't want aluminum.  Does anyone know of which plastic or Carbon Fiber (CF) plates are available?  I just got off the phone with Cycra and they won't have any till first of Mach or so.  I am aware of the P3 but those are crazy expensive ($210 for orange).  Any suggestions?  And do you actually have one mounted?

Bought a plastic one from KTM World back in oct/nov? Has two heavy stamped steel brackets plus rear hook on plate. Didn't use middle steel bracket and have had no problems. Cool part is once everything is lined up plate has extra holes to tighten bracket in place so no more messing with bracket once installed. Pretty sano!!!!

Acerbis has the plastic one available. Have one mounted on my 350 and saw the 450s on the interweb. I think retail is about $75.00. Perfect fit though untested because of current Colorado weather patterns.

I have the KTM Powerparts plastic skid plate on my 15.5 FE 450 and have a new one waiting to install on my 16.5. They fit awesome and are easily removable for oil changes and cleaning the bike. 

Mike, can you send me a link on where to purchase the one that fits the 2016.5 FE?

Mike, can you send me a link on where to purchase the one that fits the 2016.5 FE?

I ordered mine from the ktm power parts catalogue