Sign in to follow this  

2016 Clutch

How do you get better engagement with the Honda clutch?  I'm coming from a 2015 Yamaha 450 and it had a very smooth operating clutch.

Seems as though it is a light switch-on or off.  What is a "Judder spring" in the clutch?

I'm thinking a clutch extender arm and a Billet clutch cable bracket, but if this is just a crappy fix that doesn't do anything, I'll pass

Not sure if the Hinson or Rekluse are the way to go. I am favoring the Rekuse over the Hinson if this is needed for the start. The total manual one.  No auto clutch here.  Thoughts on this stuff that I am considering??

http://www.motostuff.com/honda/controls.html      Clutch extender and  cable bracket 

https://rekluse.com/product/core-manual-torq-drive-clutch/     Rekluse clutch 

The Rekluse is the only true fix. It provides much better engagement and a lighter pull at the lever. You can take out the judder spring and buy an extender and all the other little "tricks" but, they are just band aids.

How do you get better engagement with the Honda clutch?  I'm coming from a 2015 Yamaha 450 and it had a very smooth operating clutch.

Seems as though it is a light switch-on or off.  What is a "Judder spring" in the clutch?

I'm thinking a clutch extender arm and a Billet clutch cable bracket, but if this is just a crappy fix that doesn't do anything, I'll pass

Not sure if the Hinson or Rekluse are the way to go. I am favoring the Rekuse over the Hinson if this is needed for the start. The total manual one.  No auto clutch here.  Thoughts on this stuff that I am considering??

http://www.motostuff.com/honda/controls.html      Clutch extender and  cable bracket 

https://rekluse.com/product/core-manual-torq-drive-clutch/     Rekluse clutch 

I raced a 15 yam and now have the crf for moto. Judder spring does make a difference.Judder is two spring washers and thin fiber plate at start of clutch pack. Remove those three pieces and replace with one standard fiber plate. Have not  tried hinson bracket but you can see OEM bracket flex when you pull lever.

I'm curious to see how the stock clutch on my 15 works.  

I have the magura hydraulic on my 12 and it works great, and everyone complains about that clutch.

When you remove the judder and add a fiber, don't you have to add a steel too?  I always hear guys talking about it, but never did it. I've heard guys say to replace one of the fibers with a thicker one as well when removing the judder.

I'm curious to see how the stock clutch on my 15 works.

I have the magura hydraulic on my 12 and it works great, and everyone complains about that clutch.

When you remove the judder and add a fiber, don't you have to add a steel too? I always hear guys talking about it, but never did it. I've heard guys say to replace one of the fibers with a thicker one as well when removing the judder.

Just add a fiber. I did it on my 13 and didn't notice much difference. I tried different oils, extended arms, judder springs and other fixes to no avail. The stock clutch still sucked. Finally bit the bullet and bought the Rekluse torq drive setup and never looked back!

Just add a fiber. I did it on my 13 and didn't notice much difference. I tried different oils, extended arms, judder springs and other fixes to no avail. The stock clutch still sucked. Finally bit the bullet and bought the Rekluse torq drive setup and never looked back!

Are the toruqe drive clutches really that good? What are the main differences you noticed?i have been thinking about these lately

Clutch pull is much lighter, engagement is better, and you can actually work the clutche vs. the on/off feel of the stock clutch. And the best part is it makes the bike feel like it has more horsepower because when it engages it does so immediately. You don't realize how much a stock clutch slips until you try a different setup such as a Rekluse or a Hinson. I chose Rekluse over Hinson simply because of the reduced lever pull and it's a little cheaper

how much of a lighter clutch pull are we talking here?20%??this clutch is sounding the goods

how much of a lighter clutch pull are we talking here?20%??this clutch is sounding the goods

With the soft springs I would say at least 20-30%

the plates are all steel. Thinner fiction plates /more plates vs the stock AL plates(thicker). Heard the same really good . I have a hinson clutch pak and hinson springs way better than stock stuff .I used to have to adjust the slack in the lever with the oem clutch ,now never.

Rocky Mountain has in stock....899 plus you get 45 bucks back in cash

I have the Rekluse Core EXP on my 2015 and I am very happy with it.  I only did about 3 rides with the stock clutch.  My only complaint is the chattering which Rekluse says can be cured by putting the stock judder spring back in and using Maxima oil.  I currently use Shell Rotella.

I have the Rekluse Core EXP on my 2015 and I am very happy with it.  I only did about 3 rides with the stock clutch.  My only complaint is the chattering which Rekluse says can be cured by putting the stock judder spring back in and using Maxima oil.  I currently use Shell Rotella.

when do you get the chattering? all the time?  

No, mostly when the clutch is out and I am in gear at a brief standstill  or after upshifting under a mild load and applying throttle.  I have about 6 rides with it so I imagine it will get worse or develop more.