Sign in to follow this  

Hard to find parts need help. drz 400 2000 starter/kill switch.

Im looking for the drz 400 2000 starter/kill switch assembly. I bought one but it turned out to be for the rmz and was falsely labeled on the website. I have been looking for legit the legit part but no where has them. is this something i would have to go to the dealer to find? 

Edited by Moto2sport

I assume they would have higher prices then other places online.

Don't assume. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Most will price match at the counter if you ask. There are many that sell online at a discount to remain competitive also. I can't count how many times I have seen people spend more or get a bad part purchasing online thinking the same way. It's very common to think that, but most dealers have realized if they want to stay in business, they need to drop margins and try to increase volume. It's also a good idea to support your local franchise or indy shop as the fewer of those there are, the worse it is for everyone. Competition is good. Used bikes come from new bikes, so whichever one you want, they have to come from somewhere.  😉

(edit: I work for a dealer and have been in this business for a long time There are a lot of misconceptions about them, especially on forums and especially about pricing. Find a good local dealer or shop and throw them a bone once in a while. Most of them are enthusiasts like us)

Edited by Bandit0
  • Like 1

If I order online using the fiche from one of my local shops and select pickup in store instead of shipping it to my house, I find that in general it's cheaper than either walking in and buying it, or buying it from ebay or another online vendor.

If you live in the US and took a motorcycle safety class (you have to in california if you're under 21) then you probably have a card they gave you for completing the class and the parts counter will give up to a 15% discount for having it.

I buy most parts online (a lot due to no real local dealers , of any brand) but the one that is closest I try to buy something there each time I go through that town. It pays off in the long run to keep on their "regular" list . Prices aren't usually much more (depending on how odd the part is) , so it's a good practice. Otherwise Partzilla is one of the better online sources. Ironically the dealer generally goes by those online stores prices anyways. If you ever buy a new bike (or whatever toy) down the road , regular buying from the local dealer will really pay off then. 

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1