Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

2017?

Recommended Posts

I would like to see Beta come out with some more displacements for the two strokes.  A 360+ cc would be nice.  I'd trade my 300RR in a heartbeat for a larger two stroke.  200 cc Xtrainer?  Just thinking until the current ice age ends....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MX editions would get so much press for the brand. 

 

The 1st manufacturer to offer a really big bore 2 stroke is going to sell a ton of them. I wish it was Beta....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1st manufacturer to offer a really big bore 2 stroke is going to sell a ton of them.  YUP

360-400-D.I./F.I. would be real nice. They would be hot sellers for the snowbike crowd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Beta come out with some more displacements for the two strokes.  A 360+ cc would be nice.  I'd trade my 300RR in a heartbeat for a larger two stroke.  200 cc Xtrainer?  Just thinking until the current ice age ends....

Just can't wait to give Jerad more money can you?  🤣

 

Anyway, I thought you had wanted an xT because the 300rr was too much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just can't wait to give Jerad more money can you?  🤣

 

Anyway, I thought you had wanted an xT because the 300rr was too much? 

I haven't had a chance to really ride my son's Xbike, but I did order some "Fareway" suspension for my 300RR.  Another guy who has a Xtrainer ordered heavier springs, so I named it after the local grocery store.  Jerad's dad never had any problem taking my money and apparently he has the same gene.   😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be all over an mx or cross country version that's slimmed down a bit and has mx style number plates with a 19" rear with some more mx suspension valving

Edited by garce250sx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did you order? Steve at Plus One has my Zokes and set me up with some revalved  '15 Sachs that work very well. 👍

I just ordered heavier fork and rear springs.  No big deal, something to offset all those cheeseburgers.  He's going to set it for me this spring.  I really don't go 

fast enough to worry about too much.  It was bottoming out every once in a while and I thought I might as well set it up right.  Jerad's kid got a '16 250RR, it will

be interesting how they set that up.  Maybe if they get their plastic more pliable in '17 that would help too.  Seems a little brittle to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered heavier fork and rear springs.  No big deal, something to offset all those cheeseburgers.  He's going to set it for me this spring.  I really don't go 

fast enough to worry about too much.  It was bottoming out every once in a while and I thought I might as well set it up right.  Jerad's kid got a '16 250RR, it will

be interesting how they set that up.  Maybe if they get their plastic more pliable in '17 that would help too.  Seems a little brittle to me?

A little? 

 

Worst plastics I've ever seen. Mine shattered in cold weather without hitting anything. :banghead:  Hopefully Polysport or Acerbis steps up. I have no idea who makes the OEM stuff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Beta come out with some more displacements for the two strokes.  A 360+ cc would be nice.  I'd trade my 300RR in a heartbeat for a larger two stroke.  200 cc Xtrainer?  Just thinking until the current ice age ends....

You mean like a Husky 360 or a KTM 380? It may make sense at elevation or in the desert, but the 300s seem just about the maximum for guys in the woods back here.

 

Real inquiries here - The XTrainer was supposed to be an easy to ride bike for adventurers and new riders ... do you think a 200 would do the trick (better) in the same chassis? What about upgraded suspension? Would you pay the same (or nearly so) for a XTrainer as an RR? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean like a Husky 360 or a KTM 380? It may make sense at elevation or in the desert, but the 300s seem just about the maximum for guys in the woods back here.

Real inquiries here - The XTrainer was supposed to be an easy to ride bike for adventurers and new riders ... do you think a 200 would do the trick (better) in the same chassis? What about upgraded suspension? Would you pay the same (or nearly so) for a XTrainer as an RR?

I used to ride a 465cc IT years ago and loved it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty happy with the line up as it is, maybe differentiate the race editions from the standard RR models some more. I know that's kinda happened already with the oil injection on the rr, but maybe a different head and more aggressive porting on the Race ed. In 2015, the forks and some farkles were the only things that really separated them. My 300rr is probably the slowest accelerating bike I own(2 other 300's and a 450), although the power is actually perfect for any technical stuff or anyone that isn't a AA racer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll echo the thoughts on the brittle plastics.  My front fender shattered like glass not too long ago when I dropped my RR in a low speed get off.  The temperature that day was 38deg F and my buddy's Husky just shrugged off the same kinds of impacts.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Beta switched manufacturers for the plastics? My 2010 was beat to hell (by me), and the plastics were intact, except for some cracks in the "RH airbox cover".

 

It was as though my front fender was made of rubber.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Beta come out with some more displacements for the two strokes.  A 360+ cc would be nice.  I'd trade my 300RR in a heartbeat for a larger two stroke.  200 cc Xtrainer?  Just thinking until the current ice age ends....

This sounds good for 1% of riders. The other 99% cant or don't use what a 250/300 has. Also going that big it would become harder to ride or the same performance as the 490 4t. I think less overlap on models would be best. Funny no one talked about a 250 4t in a Xtranier or 3/4 RR chassis.

 

XTrainer Race Edition

RR150/200 2T at 99kgs or less

150-160cc would be great and fit into a 3/4 size RR chassis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the old style pre '14 fender was better for a woods rider.  It flexed and shed mud, and it took me two years to break it.  Many times I folded it in two like a taco.  Some bitched it was too "floppy" so they redesigned it.  My '14 fender has only seen a few months and minor get offs in warm weather and is full of stress lines.  The new shape limits a smooth flex and you can see where its going to break by the stress lines.  I'm sure it will not last like the '13 fender.  I'd buy an old style one next if possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds good for 1% of riders. The other 99% cant or don't use what a 250/300 has. Also going that big it would become harder to ride or the same performance as the 490 4t. I think less overlap on models would be best. Funny no one talked about a 250 4t in a Xtranier or 3/4 RR chassis.

 

150-160cc would be great and fit into a 3/4 size RR chassis

1%? I think I'd be safe in saying the vast majority of the people buying Betas don't race them on a regular basis.  You have four different displacements of four strokes, why not 3 or 4 for two strokes?  It wouldn't weigh that much more and if they are set up right, they are easier to ride than the 250 or 300 IMO.  Some of the bikes that were mentioned were hard to ride, but I know that my IT 465 Yamaha was much easier to ride than an IT 250 in the woods.  Neither were blindingly fast by today's standards, but I can only imagine how good a 360 or 400 Beta 2 stroke would be in the hills... and yes, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  Four strokes might be fine for some, it is a personal preference.  After trading a 300RR for a 350RR Factory, I went right back to the 300RR as soon as I found someone to buy the four stroke.  It's not what you use, but how you use it I guess. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...