Sign in to follow this  

Next bike purchase help

Need a little help, I have been riding for years. Mostly DS on trails and occasionally take to mx track to have a little fun. I am looking to get involved in racing 40+ beginner class and not sure which mx bike to go with? So many options, so I am 43, 5'6" 150lbs and not sure if I should start out with a 250 or 450? Basically my plans are to run a few events a year, mx and maybe even do a few enduro races. Not looking to set the world on fire, just have fun and enjoy what I love.

Any suggestions would be great help.

Thanks

Everything from 80 to a 690...lol. I spent a lot of time on my DS that is a 350. Have ridden a 450 and a 2 stroke 125. Have yet to ride a 250 but feel it may be just right.

Not looking at new...used. Currently had my eye on an 08 yz250f.

Everything from 80 to a 690...lol. I spent a lot of time on my DS that is a 350. Have ridden a 450 and a 2 stroke 125. Have yet to ride a 250 but feel it may be just right.

Not looking at new...used. Currently had my eye on an 08 yz250f.

A 250f is similar power output to a 125 2 stroke. If you are buying a used mx bike, a 125 2t is the more budget friendly option. Buying a used 4 stroke mx bike can be a real gamble.

Thanks everyone...think I will be looking for a 4 stroke 250. Now the next question will be which color and year to fit my budget. Will post up what I end up choosing !!