Sign in to follow this  

08' CRF 450

Going to look at an 08' 450 this weekend, what are some things i should look for? From the pics it has really low hours, very clean, newer valves installed a few hours ago along with fresh graphics but other than that it looks stock. 

Any pros/cons for the 08'. From what i have searched... it looks like most are pretty happy with them and they look to be pretty reliable.

This will be my first 4 stroke.

Thanks for any info and or advice.

Going to look at an 08' 450 this weekend, what are some things i should look for? From the pics it has really low hours, very clean, newer valves installed a few hours ago along with fresh graphics but other than that it looks stock. 

Any pros/cons for the 08'. From what i have searched... it looks like most are pretty happy with them and they look to be pretty reliable.

This will be my first 4 stroke.

Thanks for any info and or advice.

If you do a search on this forum, you'll find what you need to look for. Doesn't matter what year, what to look for is the same. Nothing specific to just the '08.

Look for receipts!  Its 2016 and most things are done locally at a dealer or over the internet.  Over the internet there's email receipts so pretty much impossible to lose them.

If they don't have the receipts for the work then be skeptical and discount the price accordingly because most likely they are lying.

Ask to look at the old plastics as well

• Like 1

Cold engine. Make sure the engine is cold when you get there or he had to make it warm up so it would start for you. Awesome bikes, 08 is great.

08 is the best 450 they ever made IMO and i owned (and sold) a 2014 crf450