Sign in to follow this  

Battery drain

Have a 2014 350xcfw. Getting the bike ready to go riding and battery was dead. Replaced with a lithium battery because I figured it was just a bad battery( stock over a year old). Next morning get to the trail and bike won't start because the battery was too low to crank. Have checked and bike has a draw on the ecm circuit. Anyone seen this before? Know of any sensors that would keep the ecm powered up? Or how long it takes for the ecm to completely power down? Any help would be appreciated.

Unplug the ECU and check your current draw. Next would be the voltage regulator. Unplug the starter relay (possible leak current). If not then the stator assembly (way unlikely). If you still see a current draw then it's some issue with the harness itself or one of the connectors (corrosion). 

Please update us on what you find.

I did unplug the ecm and the draw went away completely. Comes right back as soon as I plug it back in. I guess what I really need to know is what keeps the ecm from shutting down. What sensors actually keep it powered up.