Sign in to follow this  

Selling XR650R,Buying XR600R.

The 650's CA green sticker,The 600r is street legal.

I bought a NOS Baja designs full kit for the 650,I don't want to do the conversion for fear something doesn't work out,(such as the battery pack for the lights,its an older kit)....even if it all goes well,would CA DMV honor my 650 and give me plates......those are my concerns....and No one shows interest in the bike,which is in great condition.I got one offer for 1700,think I'm going to let er' go.

Theres a 97 600r that looks real good,for around 2000...any way,I'd like to give myself a warm welcome to Thumper Talk.

I'm not after advice,

Colorful opinions are more than welcome though.

Edited by Harvey Mushmen

The 650's CA green sticker,The 600r is street legal.

I bought a NOS Baja designs full kit for the 650,I don't want to do the conversion for fear something doesn't work out,(such as the battery pack for the lights,its an older kit)....even if it all goes well,would CA DMV honor my 650 and give me plates......those are my concerns....and No one shows interest in the bike,which is in great condition.I got one offer for 1700,think I'm going to let er' go.

Theres a 97 600r that looks real good,for around 2000...any way,I'd like to give myself a warm welcome to Thumper Talk.

I'm not after advice,

Colorful opinions are more than welcome though.

where in Cali are you or what craigslist would it be on.

under search type in 2001 XR650R.....it's listed for 2000,Craigslist Los Angeles.

Little to far for me bro, good luck.

Oh,by the way...my handle..Harvey Mushmen,Is hommage to the late Steve McQueen.My names Chris....I'll be changing the name soon enough,some one else already has the name,Harvey MushMAN...in this cyber garage.

Yeah I have a xr4 and xr6 and always wanted a xr650r also but I'm in reno. That's a little to long if a trip for me.

Oh,by the way...my handle..Harvey Mushmen,Is hommage to the late Steve McQueen.My names Chris....I'll be changing the name soon enough,some one else already has the name,Harvey MushMAN...in this cyber garage.

Hahaha, funny, I knew I heard that name somewhere, & was going to google it, until you revealed it! Now I must dig out the tape & watch again. My kids hid it from me, because I used to watch it so much!  🙄

Dig out what tape?

On any sunday or something Else.....

What bike/bikes do you love/ride bork?

Yes On any Sunday! I ride the XR600r and hopefully someday, I"ll have time & money for the  1983 XL600r basket case to play with.

ah..

yea,I'm looking forward to buying something older and proven,in the xr600r.

What do you do to combat overheating issues with your watercooled cycle in FL?

(if there has ever been an issue with it)

aircooled

I purchased a XR650R last September off of CL.

Wtihout a plate, however I bought some parts off a chap for the 650R.

He told me how he got his plated.

If you know the right person at the DMV (CA), and pay them about $400.

All you do is send them the information (VIN, plate number), and they magically mail you a plate and title.

I gather that is how most of the XR650R's are being plated, I wouldn't bother going to a window at the CA DMV....

FWIW i paid 2200 for mine, and dumped another 1000 into it.

I also have a XR650L, which is basically a 600r dualsported...

It works well for it's intended purpose.

ah..

yea,I'm looking forward to buying something older and proven,in the xr600r.

What do you do to combat overheating issues with your watercooled cycle in FL?

(if there has ever been an issue with it)

aircooled

?? Xr600 is an airhead, no water. & don't know if I ever had any over heating issues, with no aftermarket or addition cooling, all stock, & I run the urine out of it. Only issue I know of, is the main con to crank thrust bearings dust in oil, so presently it sits till I get some $ to split & fix.

I dont know anyone that knows the right guy/gal to sent the info and cash to,

I'm just going to unload theXRR and grab a plated 600,&%$#@! it.

I'm not going to worry about cooling issues,I'm sure I'll fit an oil cooler to the bike for that La-barstow -Vegas ride this coming nov.

I was thinking on an XRL,still young enough to kick a bike over without the need of a hot button.

Ya I saw your bike on CL if I had the cash I'd buy it I have a street legal 87 xr600 but I think I'll hang onto it for now I've always thought about selling my crf450 for an xr650 but probley wouldn't like not having my CRF around when I really want to rip around and "feel " fast

Edited by cbr1000rrsteven

I hear ya...

I ended up selling the XRR650 for 1500....

then I bought a beat up....crudded up ugly ass XRL650,99 scratched to hell and motor all crudded an caked up.Crf rear white fender with a low profile duel sport kit tucked under the fender.I spent a couple hrs scrappin an scrubbin....tightened a few bolts and de crudded the chain...which wore through the bottom rubber rub pad and half way through one of the two bolts holding it on....all lights work great,headlight is bright enough to cruise dirt roads around 35 mph or so in the dead of night....handles the rough like hell,front end is all over the place...one fork seal is shot...got a rag tightly wrapped around it/zip tied....runs like a champ,so far put a fresh red uni in it....wiped out the air box real good....spooned on a street illegal mx front tire..and have a 45% tread D.O.T "606" still on the back.

when I cross sand bars or am flying low over soft terrain.....it almost feels like the front tires goin flat....over ANY dirt roads...even though both tires have 30 lbs in em'.....

When I test rode it before I bought it,the power was satifying on the street in a tight little cookie cutter home village......so I blew my XXR money on it.....got it home and legal over at AAA....off I go for a shake down run and roll on the throttle on an actual hwy.....WOW....55 mph...against the wind.

when I finally blow up this piece of donkey dung...I'll PAY somebody to come get it.

Other then that...she's a keeper! Love the "lectric" button....she putts right along through thick and thin and has a nice big "ibis..imus" tank...not bad for 31,000 miles on the clock.....Fires up without a hitch...so far,so good...look forward to spending more time with her tomorrow,replace that seal,flush em' out...fill up with some 7.5 wt...I'm thinkin'......

• Like 1