Sign in to follow this  

Need help get this 02 Polaris predator 500 running right!? Please help!

Hello, just traded crf230f with this 02 predator 500 . I realized when I got to the place, the man had to roll it and pop start on 2nd gear. It has electric start button but when I press it it sounded like it wasn't getting spark or had any juice in batteries. Anyways he got it to start and it rode fine no problem. Tomorrow I'm looking to get new batteries and see if it will start with it. If the battery doesn't work out , do you guys think that it would be really starter? Any ideas? Please help! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452916566.786496.jpg

((UPDATE!!))

I also wanted to know if I put new batteries and it doesn't fire up, could it be anything other than a starter? No spark plug or anything? And after I put new batteries, what should I do next to check?

Edited by JimmyJ

I wouldn't just go out and buy a battery before doing a few simple tests to make sure that is what the problem really is. Try to jump start it and see if everything works okay. Then try to charge the battery overnight and see if it holds a charge. Check all connections and clean them.

If it starts when jumping and all connections are good but the battery won't hold a charge, then replace it.

• Like 1

Ok guys so I did get some help from neighbors and friends so far I tried to jump it , didn't work I checked all the fuse(which only has one fuse in fourwheeler.) my next step is to change starter and as soon as i get starter put on, I will order the battery. I roll started and it fires right up so I'm guessing it wouldn't be spark plug or anything.

If it will run from bump starting but not a battery jump, then there is an electrical problem with the starter or solenoid. Assuming you ruled out any bad connections or corrosion problems

So I recently changed the starter on the predator 500. Replaced new battery. Light and fan seems to work. After I put new starter , it seems like it's not engaging to flywheel or something. When I start it up with electric start, it would make sound of motor running freely. Any ideas on what I should do next? Plz help

Something must have gone wrong installing the starter. The bendix drive is not engaging

Take the starter off and verify the bendix gear popping out