Sign in to follow this  

Broke bleeder off rear caliper, replaced and still leaks

Had an epic day last Sunday and near the end on a shortcut I dorked it on some rocks and tipped over high side.
After getting back on I noticed I had no back brakes and the nipple part of the bleeder was gone.

I ordered a new bleeder screw and copper washers just in case. Put it on today and it leaks like a stuck pig. I'm guessing that the impact must have fkd up the hole in the caliper, which makes sense.

Beyond a temporary ghetto jb-weld fix I dont see any options beyond replacing the caliper or am I missing something?
I was considering the jb weld just so I can ride this weekend.  I know it will waste the caliper but I don't think that there's anyway to repair it.

From reading around it seems like the calipers are the same for a long time.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452916965.300591.jpg

Edited by helix66

Strange , i'd think a new bleeder and new crush washers would fix it. Did the brake line or end get damaged ?

• Like 1

Strange , i'd think a new bleeder and new crush washers would fix it. Did the brake line or end get damaged ?

It can't just be a $20 fix!!

A few friends said that it's the banjo fitting that got distorted when it hit.  There is a mark on it so we'll see.....I really don;t need a $170 bremro beer opener.

I'm slacking, I got a new brake line today, I'll get it on tomorrow and hope thats just it.