Sign in to follow this  

What tire do you run?/ Drz refresh!

After 5000 miles with my brand new Drz sumo it's time for front and rear tires. The stock front Dunlop front has survived this long. I'm shocked = The Dunlop rear got replaced for a battle lax. I've still got a little tread led on both tires I'm starting early to think of options. I've got a closed road coarse event coming up in June that last for two days and I need to get the tires replaced before then. I'm looking at the Shinko stealths because of the aggressive riding i'm doing. I'm looking a for a grippy tire at a good price. I don't give a shit about the tire mileage. I like getting the most grip for the bang of the buck price.!

Also I'm about to do a Drz refresh/rebuild on a budget and I'm thinking about putting it on here. Anybody wanna see it?

Edited by Bwright

I'm running the Shinko 003 stealth right now. I ride very aggressive. Everywhere I go is pin it to win it, and dragging peg lol. They grip good.

I have just about 2,000 miles on them. The rear tire needs to be replaced soon since its soft compound and going in a straight line often has worn the center down to the wear bars. Front is getting close to the wear bars. It grips nice, heats up quick in the morning.

They run wider too. The 150 rear is much wider then a 150 Michelin 2ct on my wr450 and the Shinko is visibly a lot wider looking, front looks wider too then other 120s.

I bought them originally because the price is pretty good compared to most brands. I've been pretty happy.

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651

I'm running the Shinko 003 stealth right now

They run wider too. The 150 rear is much wider then a 150 Michelin 2ct on my wr450 and the Shinko is visibly a lot wider looking, front looks wider too then other 120s.

looking wide is not a strong point for a supermoto tire.  supermoto it's all about extreme handling , a tire that looks narrow usually is better.

i've no idea of the price in you area. here in europe imho one of the best street legal combo is rosso corsa front and rosso 2 140/70 rear (soft monocompound) 

• Like 1

looking wide is not a strong point for a supermoto tire. supermoto it's all about extreme handling , a tire that looks narrow usually is better.

i've no idea of the price in you area. here in europe imho one of the best street legal combo is rosso corsa front and rosso 2 140/70 rear (soft monocompound)

That's cool. I'm just giving a quick review on them though and pointing it out. Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651

I'm running the Shinko 003 stealth right now. I ride very aggressive. Everywhere I go is pin it to win it, and dragging peg lol. They grip good.

I have just about 2,000 miles on them. The rear tire needs to be replaced soon since its soft compound and going in a straight line often has worn the center down to the wear bars. Front is getting close to the wear bars. It grips nice, heats up quick in the morning.

I bought them originally because the price is pretty good compared to most brands. I've been pretty happy.

that's what I'm wanting to hear. I think I'll go with the 140! I just wanted to hear somebody's else's opinion other than the ones on the superstore web site. I rip the shit out of my Drz so I wanted something that will hold the road!

I run any tire I find. Take offs from sport bikes or whatever as long as it's 140/150 by 60/70. They don't last long anyways....

Here's my current stack. Just do a good inspection of exterior and interior to make sure there isn't any sharp things

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452994611.196079.jpg

• Like 1

Holy hell you made it 5000 miles I got like 1900 out of mine an they were toast lol. I replaced them with Shinko 010 best choice ever for the price imho

yeah my front wheel stay off the ground a lot! [emoji23] I also commuted a lot and never hit the twistys much. plus I've got a lot of off road miles on the bike. I can put a 1/4 chicken strip on them but I can never kill the front tire. I normally go 2 rears to one front.
  • Like 1

yeah my front wheel stay off the ground a lot! [emoji23] I also commuted a lot and never hit the twistys much. plus I've got a lot of off road miles on the bike. I can put a 1/4 chicken strip on them but I can never kill the front tire. I normally go 2 rears to one front.

I feel ya, I live in the bends so mine get shredded but I can tell that these shinkos are going to last longer than the stockers

The stock dunlops will definitely last a good while. I have 3,200 miles and 1 track day on mine. The rear is almost done but the front is still good.

If you want grip, the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 is a great tire for the price. You can get a set for around $235.

However, if you have the $$$ you could always go Conti Attack SM which I heard is an excellent tire but its on the pricey side.

• Like 1

Don't put a "budget" on your life...get some Michelin Pilot Power's.

worst tired I've ever ran. They wore so fast on my bike and I didn't like the way the side walk gripped! I got a lot of washing out feeling from the back tire and I wasn't even going that hard into the corners.
  • Like 1

worst tired I've ever ran. They wore so fast on my bike and I didn't like the way the side walk gripped! I got a lot of washing out feeling from the back tire and I wasn't even going that hard into the corners.

^ This  👎 Michelins are a no go

Edited by DeeAreZee
  • Like 1

Bummer, mine wore fast too but provided excellent grip (on my CBR1100).  Maybe not so good on a lighter bike...

Bummer, mine wore fast too but provided excellent grip (on my CBR1100). Maybe not so good on a lighter bike...

Mine was on a zzr600. That thing was a road pig! I just wasn't happy with them. The side walls felt like ice.

• Like 1

After 5000 miles with my brand new Drz sumo it's time for front and rear tires. The stock front Dunlop front has survived this long. I'm shocked = The Dunlop rear got replaced for a battle lax. I've still got a little tread led on both tires I'm starting early to think of options. I've got a closed road coarse event coming up in June that last for two days and I need to get the tires replaced before then. I'm looking at the Shinko stealths because of the aggressive riding i'm doing. I'm looking a for a grippy tire at a good price. I don't give a shit about the tire mileage. I like getting the most grip for the bang of the buck price.!

Also I'm about to do a Drz refresh/rebuild on a budget and I'm thinking about putting it on here. Anybody wanna see it?

you're rebuilding a 2015 drz ? why ? 

How's the clearance?

Clearance is ok, chain rubs the rear tire just a bit. I have seen people buff the edge of the tire for clearance as well.