Sign in to follow this  

2003 rm250 hinson pressure plate

i am trying to find a pressure plate. hinson only lists them from 96-02 but baskets and hubs 96-08. I emailed hinson to see if the 02 is compatible. I cant find any on ebay or any of my usual dealers. fyi Im in Canada and our dollar is crap now so it is ultra expensive to order new out of the US. Does anyone have suggestions or other recommendations for plates that are work well with hinson basket and hub? Barnett? Wiseco? I am not stuck I have 2 oem plates. Thanks

Hinson has slowly been discontinuing parts for the RM. I have an 05 RM and this last clutch rebuild is the first time I couldn't get plates from Hinson. They suggested I use Wiseco as they feel that's the next best brand. 

You should call them though. They don't list pressure plates for our years on the site, but when I was on the phone with them, they still had some. 

Good luck. 

P>S> we should all start an email / letter writing campaign telling Zook to bring the RM and the RMX back. Seems to be working for Yami. 

Edited by Kenpo1
  • Like 1

Ya that's what i have been figuring out. Got a good deal on the basket and hub, couldn't get plates either or the pressure plate. Like i said I emailed them and they have been good about replying but if they don't i will call. Crappy dollar though I might have to wait until it makes more sense. Thanks

Ya that's what i have been figuring out. Got a good deal on the basket and hub, couldn't get plates either or the pressure plate. Like i said I emailed them and they have been good about replying but if they don't i will call. Crappy dollar though I might have to wait until it makes more sense. Thanks

I have an 03 OEM pressure plate if you need one.

I have a Hinson one in my bike but I bought it several yrs ago.

there are many alternatives, check out canadasmotorcycle.ca its where 99% of my parts come from

I still have 2 oem pressure plates so I am not stuck, I just wanted the complete Hinson. As for CanadasMortorcyle, its a great spot I get alot from them but they have no options for pressure plates. They have a few options for clutch plates(frictions and steels) and springs. thanks anyway. After hearing back from Hinson they don't have anything left over and don't make the pressure plate anymore unfortunately.