Sign in to follow this  

MRD -pro vs FMF powercore 4

hi i have a DRZ400sm with TM40 carb , E cams and FMF powercore 4. the bike has a lot of low end power with the FMF, if i install an MRD Z pro will the top end power increase as they say  and will i loose low end or the low end will be the same as with the FMF?

thanks in advice

I ride a mostly stock E model. I noticed a small difference when I went from an E header with an FMF powercore 4 to a full Ti Yoshi which is very comparable to the MRD. This is my butt dyno talking. It was slightly easier to wheelie at lower speeds and pulled harder at higher RPMs. I noticed a difference but it wasn't significant. I picked up the Yoshi for cheap and I plan to do more engine modifications in the future so I'm satisfied with the purchase. Good luck!

• Like 3

Probably won't notice much difference, save your money for maintenance items... :ride:

Agree with Throttle.......save your money for other stuff. Probably won't notice the gain that much. A BigBore kit will run about the same and I can tell you that you will see a gain then, in both the low end and high end.......and it will be more than an exhaust can offer.

• Like 4

Do your part to Keep riding areas open, Keep the bike as quiet as possible. Save your money and keep the FMF

• Like 2