Sign in to follow this  

Royal Purple Max-Cycle?

I wouldn't. It'll cause instant, catastrophic failure.

(seriously, though, the best oil id clean oil. As long as it is JASO MA, you'll be fine)

• Like 1

It passes JASO tests. I've had issues in the past with some "high end" oils in other bikes. Not wear issues but transmission. New oil leaks showing up with a different oil. Just curious what others thought. I should know better then to post an oil thread though...

I've been meaning to , but I have yet to try it. I have a buddy that owns a Horribly shop and he says they'll run considerably cooler on the RP. Summit's price is pretty good , it's about $16 a quart around here.

I've been meaning to , but I have yet to try it. I have a buddy that owns a Horribly shop and he says they'll run considerably cooler on the RP. Summit's price is pretty good , it's about $16 a quart around here.

Horribly? (Typo or slang I don't know?)

They have some good info on their website regarding cooler temps and wear protection. According to my research they are pretty reputable. I'll pick some up and try it out. It'll be a few weeks though. Pretty cold in iowa at the moment :(

No. Probably 10-40. It was just the first one that came up on summit. Should I run heavier?

NO.