Sign in to follow this  

Quick carb question and pictures, thanks again

Hi, I've got a 2001 Drz e (with old style slant fcr crb)

Bike does not idle and the idle screw knob thingy on the side is fully turned in (max)

I've taken carb off to clean... The fuel screw inside carb has been abused abit on the tip where screw driver has been before with old owner...

What setting should the screw be turned in ???

As I think it's been messed about with?

Also what should I check in carb when it's apart?

I'm planning to do the Eddie mod when it's apart and off ? Is it recommend?

Also I'm going to take the cost enricher off aswell should be better

Tried to upload pictures from photo bucket , but link seems to not register;(

1 bolt / screw was missing from bottom of carb bowl but I have a replacement for that...

Any info would be great as it doesn't iddle and rides poor ...

Thanks,

With the idle speed screw (slide height stop) in that far, the idle circuit may not be working at all.  Disassemble and clean. Clean or replace the pilot fuel jet (45 jet). Look at the mixture screw.  If the tip is busted off, is the tip stuck in the carb?  Mixture screw initial setting is about 2,  2 1/2 turns open.

Hi, thanks Nobel, I knew you would be straight on it, every post I've read you have shared your knowledge....

Your a great memeber of this forum, very much appreciated,

The screw can be turned in and out (removed) it was fully in when I had a look..... So as you have shown me that was obviously set wrong in the first place,

I have carb cleaner and I'm going to give it a good clean today and see how I get on,

Hopefully works ok , as its a tidy bike

• Like 1

An initial setting for the slide height is about 0.50mm clearance under the slide at the center notch.  Idle speed is then adjusted with the motor warm and running to your preference.  The motor likes a fairly fast idle, 1500 to 1900 RPM .

An FCR carb 15 years old, there can be a lot of wear and a lot of things wrong with it.  I hope you can get it sorted.

• Like 1

Thanks, noble I give it a good clean today as it was stinking inside and covered in a jelly like substance, the pump jet thing (don't know any terms on it) doesn't even squirt any fuel through the carb it was totally blocked...

I will check my measurements on slider ASAP and hopefull everything will be ok now,

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated....

I will get some pictures up at a later date of the 2 drz's 😉

Thanks again

Just as a caution, the carb should not be immersed in a strong carb cleaner. Ultrasonic water base cleaner immersion is OK.  Spray can cleaners are OK but rinse throughly right away.

• Like 2