Sign in to follow this  

A deserving win for Toby Price.

What more can I say but congratulations Toby. A super nice guy very deserving of the win. 👍

• Like 6

The race finishes today doesn't it ? I thought they had 1 stage left. Or are you just getting in first ha

It'

The race finishes today doesn't it ? I thought they had 1 stage left. Or are you just getting in first ha

It's on the other side of the world. Different time zones.

He is a true champ , on a different note i saw chad reed yesterday in a Australian mx open and his ( I COULD HAVE WON BUT) attitude sucks and didn't congratulate his rivals that won , the states can have him back cocky bastard.

The GOAT RC on the other hand is a legend and was actually doing it for the crowd not just saying it .

• Like 1

this post wont get many hits, not about american sx or mx rider...shame really

hmmm yeah makes me wonder, if a merican won it would be all YAY BUBA BLA BLA IS THE BEST !!!!!, fcn untouchable, and im now riding the same bike he won dakar on.

Ha ha haaaa Make me laugh

Theres a Dakar following here.

I realize that living in Canada and on the West Coast and near Whistler there is an OZ/Canada connection more so than out US friends.

It was great to see the US riders do well and really anyone who does this long gruelling epic event but I was stoked to see Toby get 3ed last year and even more so to see him dominate this year.

• Like 3

hmmm yeah makes me wonder, if a merican won it would be all YAY BUBA BLA BLA IS THE BEST !!!!!, fcn untouchable, and im now riding the same bike he won dakar on.

Ha ha haaaa Make me laugh

I think Toby is a pretty cool dude and have followed his rides in the Oz 4 day races.  Have not even followed any of the American riders, but know that Brabec was over there.  Honestly I just don't think enough people follow Dakar over here.  From a grass roots perspective, it's kind of hard to relate to based on the amount of money it takes to compete.  I'm happy for Toby though, he always seems like a good ambassador for the sport.

• Like 2

I'm going out on a limb here trying to predict the future of where off road is going in NA....

Having the Dakar in SA will bring out more NA and other riders than than the EU dudes. I believe there was an interview in one of the last stages where Toby got the respect for this. This has been a Euro event for many years and I believe that with the $$$ and support there are lots of non-Euro rides that could do well and specifically the SA riders now that the event is in SA.

I like watching supercross and the out door series in NA BUT I can see the big hard enduro events in NA sooner than later. Ya I know of the King of the Moto's etc but there will be event's where Red Bull is spending the $$$$. In Canada and on the west coast we are getting Chris Birch and Javis clinics.

Now I truly believe that KTM said Fu^^&U to all the other bike makers and is opening up the truly off road market in NA.

Just my 2 cents but I also predicted where music downloads where going after Napster in 1990 and everyone called me crazy

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1