Sign in to follow this  

2001 250SX

Just picked up a 2001 250SX for $50. Doesn't look like much but it is almost complete. Needs radiators(destroyed), a clutch master cylinder(also destroyed), and a few other things. Engine is in good shape and suspension works. Was able to get it registered and get a new title thanks to me charming the DMV employee. Ayway, going to make it a project. Probably going to be my trail bike. I have a 2012 250SX(265), but she's my track queen. Already repainted the frame. Went with a gunmetal grey metallic color, similar to the 2013 KTM's. I'll post pics as I get them, in case anyone is interested. Here's the bike as it was when I brought it home.

SAM_2159.JPG

SAM_2158.JPG

SAM_2191.JPG

Get a 9.5 master from amazon for $105. Much easier pull than the stock 10.5.

There are Chinese radiatorson on eBay that look great, many have had good luck with them.

A full plastic kit from rmatv polisport brand in $100.

Get a 9.5 master from amazon for $105. Much easier pull than the stock 10.5.

There are Chinese radiatorson on eBay that look great, many have had good luck with them.

A full plastic kit from rmatv polisport brand in $100.

So I don,t have to get the OEM one? I've seen different Magura master cylinders on eBay but wasn't too sure as to what fit.

So I don,t have to get the OEM one? I've seen different Magura master cylinders on eBay but wasn't too sure as to what fit.

I ordered a 9.5 from amazon a few years just like this link. Its oem brembo just distributed differently.

http://www.amazon.com/Magura-OEM-Replacement-Master-Cylinder/dp/B000GV2920/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1453354859&sr=8-6&keywords=ktm+magura+master+cylinder

The more gold colored one showed up which is the 9.5mm one andthe one I preffered. I was afraid because the picture was black it wouldnt be the correct one but low and behold the picture is wrong. I'd order this and I'll bet it not only fits it reduces the already good clutch pull. But it will be gold/bronze in color.

Edited by Squid_Racer