Sign in to follow this  

6 days exc500 vs 501

Hey all,

I was hoping someone had a good link to a side by side of the 500 vs 501 for 2016. I googled it and read the engines are the same but the husky had an electric start only no kick starter at least from what I read. So I don't see how the engines are exactly the same. Also I read the 501 is 7 pounds heavier but the article didn't say why. It seems the 6 days bike is almost the exact same. It started the 501 gas tank is slightly smaller. Hopefully someone can fill me in on the differences and / or a good link.

Thanks,

Chris

I have a 2016 huskyfe501. From the foot begs forward is KTM 6 days and the difference from the exc and 6 days is billet clamps and billet accessories also the 6 days and the husky have 4cs suspension the exc does not have the 4cs suspension.

As far as I know the 501 is lighter with the plastic sub frame and no kick start. The main difference why I got the 501 over the exc is the 4CS forks and linkage rear suspension. Not to mention I like the colors better personally

• Like 2

-4CS and Linkage rear vs. PDS suspension

-1/2" to 3/4" slightly lower seat height on Husky (measured 8 new bikes side by side)

-not having an alloy subframe to bend

-never used the kickstart on my last KTM, Beta

-like the interesting history and DNA from Husaberg

-something a little different, not orange. KTMs everywhere in CA.

...are the primary reasons I chose the Husky flavor over the KTM 6 Days pumpkin.  And, the fact that the Husky DOES use the same proven KTM 500 engine is a plus.  

• Like 2

i have a 15 501 and a mate has a new 500 six days, his has more down low and mine has more up top.

mine also have ecu retuned

KTM's truly are everywhere, even here in GA/FLA.  At the recent Polar Bear in FLA, I'd bet 75% of the bikes were KTM's.  That's not a bad thing cause you have a tremendous amount of bling and performance upgrades available.  If I wasn't riding white, I'd ride orange!

• Like 1

And, the fact that the Husky DOES use the same proven KTM 500 engine is a plus.  

For me that was the main factor over everything else .  There's a lot of historical knowledge on the Ktm side and a lot more running bikes , so when people think KTM or Husky, the motor dissolves that choice of the decision making, only the accessories and colors come into focus..

FMF full titanium exhaust with mega bomb 900

Seat concepts seat carbon fiber gripper 300

Ims desert tank 300

Jd jetting power programmer 250

Shorai battery 200 roughly

Different gearing 13/50 with gold chain 300

Pivot pegs 150

Baja designs light 375

Skene dimmer 75

Slavens rock guard for linkage 75

Anodized bling parts about 200

Rekluse clutch 900

Rekluse LHRB 300

Flexx enduro bars 300

Scott dampener with Brp mount 500

P3 carbon fiber skid plate 225

Carbon fiber fork wraps 100

Front axle pull 25

Flexx handguards 100 roughly with tapped inserts into the bars

Spider grips 15

Sipped guide for throttle cables 20

SRT radiator guards 200

I'm sure I'm missing something. Still waiting on tail light eliminator kit.

Paid 11500 otd for the bike

Current project is relocating odometer to fit scroll chart and Garmin Montana 680t mounting.

I sold 2 plated set up wr 450s to buy this bike and went crazy wanting to do an ultimate build. It is definitely a awesome bike.

Still need to do the suspension though.... Holding off for a little bit to stop the bleeding of my savings account..lol

If you have any questions PM me I've been building this for 3 months now

• Like 1