Sign in to follow this  

125 or 250f?

Hey guys raced this past year on a Cr85r.It helped me learn a ton but i'm getting a little to big for it now. In the two series I race I would still be able to race this summer on my 85. I am 5'6 and 120 lbs so if that helps. My main question is if i should get a 125 2 stroke or 250f 4 stroke? I have 3 years on a bike but only raced one year and I am planning on racing again this year. My track bros have 125's and 250's but I just still am not sure on what to get. So I decided to see if you guys have any help. Anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Jacob thanks. I just wasn't sure I feel like I would want to go up to a 250f a little bit after I get a 125. But I guess it's better to be safe then sorry. And the 125 will help me learn more. Does anyone have any preferences on year or make? Thanks in advance.

125 for sure. My favorite would be a newer YZ 125 since they are still in production and male parts. The RMs are good bikes but they had weak trannys, the KX are harder to find parts for I believe, and the CR was not the fastest bike.

A KTM 125SX or YZ 125 is a great bike for you. Good luck on your bike and have fun!

Thanks for the info! Okay I was thinking a 06+ yz 125? Ktms are kinda harder to find around here. I don't have the money to buy brand new or else I would. Is there a certain year that has things wrong with it or a better year than others? Thank you for why information!

2 stroke ftw, a 125 at 120lbs would be a blast! Get the newest yz you can afford, within reason, parts are very interchangeable so they will be available for a long time.

rm125 i had was a really nice bike, handled well and had enough motor for me. never had a yz 2 stroker but hear lots of good things. 250f's are excellent bikes as well, you will have much more torque down low than a 125.

2stroke 2stroke 2stroke low maintenance and awesome power

4 stroke have lots of maintenance and are slow but the best for slow trail riding and have nice bottom end power not going to lie