Sign in to follow this  

2001 cr250r rear swing arm

Just bought a 2001 cr250r and I'm rebuilding the whole suspension, however when I removed the swim arm the left bearing carrier for the pivot bolt by the engine sproket is worn threw by the chain, lack of proper maintenance by previous owner...

My question is what other years if any cr250r swing arm is compatible with my 2001, as I'm looking to replace it completely, eBay has only few 2001models, and a lot of other year cr models, UR input will be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Easier would be to replace with same year, but comparing part numbers will answer a lot too. Some real knowledgeable folks here, so they can advise if other years fit. I have a feeling that other years will fit however.

Simple answer is to go on to the dealer sites etc and look up the parts diagrams and compare the part numbers. Pretty sure it's only going to be '00 n '01 only. Not sure about 02 n newer "probably" fits but the rear caliper and carrier are different.

Thanks all checked on Hondas website at the drawings UR rite 00-01 are the same, as for having it welded Probly cost more then a used part from a good eBay seller, as the carrier is paper thin and cut threw, out of round the circlip guide is eaten threw, so if welded it would need machine work as well, but hey I only payed 800 for the bike and the motor is still good shape checked the skirt on the pistion no cracks and very little wear, exsaust side also looks good, and has the aftermarket carb, and the v3reeds in great condition, only crap is the suspension, and he must have put the aftermarket exsaust on not to long ago as it has slightly melted the right lower of the airbox... Nothing some cutting, aluminum and fibreglass with high heat epoxy can't cure! After looking at it when I bought it I knew I'd be in it for another 1000-1500$cdn, gotta love this site a lot of friendly help! Wa a lurker for a while b4, and glad I joind!

Edited by CrfStucare1