Sign in to follow this  

my 99 cr125

So here before too long I am going to be getting a cr250.

But i have a 99 cr125 and I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

It is definitely tired, pipe is dented, clutch is about gone, engine is starting to make a little noise, has god only knows how many hours, I have never rebuilt it, and the suspension on both ends needs work.

It is at the point of "is it even worth selling for the small amount it is probably worth to someone else"

I love that bike but it isn't ideal for the woods I ride at all.

I thought about getting it plated for some street fun since my plated xr100 isnt exactly a powerhouse. But that adds a few hundred more to the probably thousand bucks of wear parts and the suspension labor it needs.

I could rebuild it and ride occasional mx practice days with it so I can have it spec'd for mx since i plan to set the 250 up for woods/enduro only.

Or I can just sell it for less than I want and throw some money at the 250.

Edited by jblob

Exactly, a clapped out 125 isn't worth much to anyone. It still runs just fine but it is definitely tired

Needs at least

$355 Top and bottom end kit

or

$480 for a wrench rabbit full kit

$180 all suspension bushings and bearings and fork seals

$215 new fmf fatty pipe

$165 chain and sprockets, guide and roller

$275 clutch kit + oem basket

So $1,190-$1,315.. not cheap. I could pop the dents in my pipe and save 215 but it is still spendy $975-1,100

Edited by jblob

Yeah pretty much. I really hate the idea of selling it for 5 or 6 hundred it isn't a bad bike it is just tired. Always did just fine on a track with it, I got 2nd in class the last season I consistently tracked it but that was like 2008ish when 250fs were really taking over the class.. funnily enough the top 3 in my class that year were cr125s.

Sadly my favorite track for going to practice up in longview was shut down a few years back, but I am only 45 or so minutes from the Washougal MX track and an hour or less from the woodland mx track so I can do practice days there but I never do. Haven't even been on a track for a few years other than the sections of washougal the hangover scramble uses

Edited by jblob