Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Pro Dialing

Bought a Rekluse Pro just after I bought the bike in October.  I used the Rekluse recommendations and it seems fine despite not having the optional 3 TC (heavier) balls that the KTM's come with.  I called them and they said they never heard of anyone needing them on the YZ.  OK I thought, its a differnent bike so I guess that makes sense, plus it seemed ok on the trail but in the tech-e stuff the clutch made an occasional groaning/squeeling sound which does happen on some bikes, so no biggy.

I havent ridden the yz all that much so I'm still dialing but I rode it past enough to check the Rekluse tolerences since its new and I should have done it long ago.  As expected the tolerences were fine but while there I was thinking why not try the 3 extra TC balls since I have a bunch from my ktms.  Put it in and went for a gnarely ride with buds.  HUGE difference, squeel is gone, locks up WAY better which should prolong clutch life and avoid any possible overheating.

I dont know why Rekluse is so reluctant to have you use TC balls?  I had the same issue with my cr500, they recommended 3 and I ended up with 12 or 15 of them.  I asked if having more in there hurt the clutch in any way and they replied no.  

Not saying more TC balls is the answer for all yz users but without a doubt it works hands down better for the riding I do, not that the recommended setup rekluse tells you is bad, it just that its that much better.

Rekluse sells 3 TC balls for about 10 bucks. 

Edited by Sycamore

Installed one on a 525. Not sure why they didn't come in the kit either. It slipped bad. I forget how many I added for it. A few.

I ran the 3 T-Balls in my 2011 300 w/pro.  Best Auto ever.  Rekluse can keep the 3.0.  The 3.0 is what made me go back to stock.  In order to keep it from slipping you have to put such a heavy spring in it the clutch pull is then basically unusable.

I had a Z-Pro in my WR450 and had to add 3 tc balls to get full lock up. Kept getting beat by my son's 426.

That didn't happen before the Rekluse.

Using it now in my YZ250 with the 3 tc balls works great. Engages pretty quickly, but it suits my riding style. 

What gearing are you running?

Right now 13x49 might be experimenting more though.

I ran the 3 T-Balls in my 2011 300 w/pro.  Best Auto ever.  Rekluse can keep the 3.0.  The 3.0 is what made me go back to stock.  In order to keep it from slipping you have to put such a heavy spring in it the clutch pull is then basically unusable.

Yeah I read a lot of complaints on the ktms with the 3.0 not sure it would transfer to the yz too, probably would??  I like the Pro so I went with it again, glad so far.

I had a Z-Pro in my WR450 and had to add 3 tc balls to get full lock up. Kept getting beat by my son's 426.

That didn't happen before the Rekluse.

Using it now in my YZ250 with the 3 tc balls works great. Engages pretty quickly, but it suits my riding style. 

Good to hear someone else tried it and agrees.  Rekluse tech made it seemed weird to try it. Maybe it was a new guy, don't want to burn Rekluse since I have HIGH regard for their support. 

Like I said without them it was still working well, but with 3tc it is flat out better and this should be included in the kit.

Interesting. I have the same clutch on my YZ. It tends to squeal on the first clutch engagement of the day (if I don't give it enough gas). Then it runs pretty great, until I get to some prolonged technical sections where the motor and oil are getting pretty hot and she might let out an unhappy squeal or two at that point. 

Wonder if adding the tungsten will help this. 

Interesting. I have the same clutch on my YZ. It tends to squeal on the first clutch engagement of the day (if I don't give it enough gas). Then it runs pretty great, until I get to some prolonged technical sections where the motor and oil are getting pretty hot and she might let out an unhappy squeal or two at that point. 

Wonder if adding the tungsten will help this. 

I rode my YZ (with 3tc balls) several hours last Saturday and never squealed once.

• Like 1

^^ Did you guys ever run them without the tungsten? 

I used it in my WR450 without the tc balls initially and did get a squeal occasionally. When I took it out for the YZ250, it still looked like new. Not sure what causes the squeal?

I ran 9 TC balls in the Z-Start Pro with my ESR 325 kit.  Anything less than that it would slip.