Sign in to follow this  

removing rear shock linkage bearing cages

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of rebuilding my linkage and I have no clue on how to get the bearing cages out of the link. All of the other bearings were able to be pushed straight through but there is a lip on the inside of these bearings so that they must be pulled outward. Has anyone had experience with this? I've tried using a blind bearing puller but had no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ive done this several times, heat linkage with torch and tap out from opposite side.

Yea that was my orinal plan so I had heated it up with a propane torch and I used a flat head screwdriver and tried to tap out the cage by the lip however when I hit the lip it had just broke off so now I really don't have any lip to tap them out by. Thanks

If you feel like you are out options to push them out, you might have to cut them and then bend them loose. It's a last resort. Attempt to scratch the aluminum as little as possible although you are probably going to score it a little bit. This is a last resort.

If you feel like you are out options to push them out, you might have to cut them and then bend them loose. It's a last resort. Attempt to scratch the aluminum as little as possible although you are probably going to score it a little bit. This is a last resort.

Thanks man this is exactly what I did and it worked with very little scoring but I just filed down the high spots and the new bearings fit perfect.