Sign in to follow this  

Barcia out

I don't think Barcia being out makes a huge difference for Dungey. He still has his main competition which coming into the series was Tomac and Rorczen, truthfully I think Anderson may make a better run at him or hell, even Reed at this point. 

• Like 9

Seems like Filthy Phill is the last man standing... Time to pay that kid a bit more!

I am on the road a lot with my job - (last week 2500 miles , but thats not typical -- its usually less) - so i listen to all of Steve Matthes's long winded and meandering podcast's as well as DMXS  (along with Adam Carolla, and miscellaneous others)  

I am a fan of filthy Phil's primarilly due to his appearance's on those --- the guy is so negative its funny -- i dont know how a guy with such a seemingly defeatist attitude got to elite level in the sport , - but there he is 

He won't be competitive after only 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Yet another year without BAMBAM in sx, i am sure without the injury he definitely could get a top 3 at the end of the season, lets hope he can comme back strong towards the outdoors !

I don't think Barcia being out makes a huge difference for Dungey. He still has his main competition which coming into the series was Tomac and Dorczen, truthfully I think Anderson may make a better run at him or hell, even Reed at this point. 

Fixed it for ya. As per that promo last night. :smashpc:

No love for Crashnard this year? I have a suspicion that Anderson will fade and Trey will make a run...Then Trey will crash and be out for half of outdoors... :ride: 

• Like 1

Damn... if it weren't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. 

Yep, dude can't catch a break. Great rider just having stupid shit mess things up.

• Like 2

Wonder when he tore the ligament.  Probably before season started.  Thought he could gut it out, and still be competitive.  

No one could "gut out" a torn ligament in this sport. Especially at this level. Very serious injury.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Wonder when he tore the ligament. Probably before season started. Thought he could gut it out, and still be competitive.

Before season on his mountain bike. No idea exactly when.

2x

No love for Crashnard this year? I have a suspicion that Anderson will fade and Trey will make a run...Then Trey will crash and be out for half of outdoors... :ride:

Edited by daled

Before season on his mountain bike. No idea exactly when.

I have a vocation where i  have to climb a ladder regularly  (catastrophe insurance adjuster ) 

Whats that got to do with this?      My employer would have a pretty dim view of me having to miss 6 weeks of work also due to a MTB/ MX/- you name it -  accident as well  --- granted, having to train is not a physical part of my job like Barcias,    but there are far lower risks of get-offs in road cycling  (solo road cycling, not racing criteriums or anything )

Who was it that tore himself up doing Parker?  (the extreme urban building jumping shenanigans)  -- I think it was Darryn Durham - has not worked out well for him

I have a vocation where i have to climb a ladder regularly (catastrophe insurance adjuster )

Whats that got to do with this? My employer would have a pretty dim view of me having to miss 6 weeks of work also due to a MTB/ MX/- you name it - accident as well --- granted, having to train is not a physical part of my job like Barcias, but there are far lower risks of get-offs in road cycling (solo road cycling, not racing criteriums or anything )

Who was it that tore himself up doing Parker? (the extreme urban building jumping shenanigans) -- I think it was Darryn Durham - has not worked out well for him

Yeah I agree but the mountain bike is so much more fun and i think they say it helps with some technique. At least it will help more than road biking

He rides like an out of control squid half of the time making him fast. I like that! Better suited to outdoors but here is a swig of morning coffee to say get well soon!

Bummer. But Barcia probably wasn't going to make a serious run at the title, by the way he has looked the first 2 rounds. If he can get healed up and back to form for the Nationals, I think he can make a serious run at that title.

I'll give Trey the BOD until proven otherwise. Maybe he's hit the dirt enough times to finally realize that you actually have to finish the race to score points.

I've become a barcia fan. I was looking forward to what he might do this year in SX. His starts were good in a stacked field and it was clear he had some type of issue dropping that many positions. I didn't think it was conditioning but hell Im just some dude sitting on the couch watching. WTF do I know.