Sign in to follow this  

Off idle throttle response?

2015 350 xc-f..  What can be done to smooth out the throttle transition from idle to acceleration, or deceleration to acceleration..?  It's a bit jerky when first opening the throttle, like it grabs all at once instead of gradually or smoothly at low speed or when on and off the throttle.  Obviously this makes it a little tricky in turns or technical stuff to be smooth, or even just creeping around the pits.  

Would a flywheel weight help? Idle adjustment? or ????

I have a rekluse in the bike, but it did it before and after that mod.

Suggestions welcome

I adjusted the TPS some after installing the new exhaust. It did have some popping, and was slow to start but that was easily fixed with a small adjustment..  I'm not sure what rpm the idle is set at right now but i would guess it's on the lower side..

i may try adjusting the idle up slightly next

or

put the lighter springs in the rekluse so that it begins to engage a bit earlier and smoother..   

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting things dialed in and working together..  or a flywheel weight...lol

Yes the ktms are quite sensitive down low. Increase the tps to 0.60-.64v at idle, also the g2 throttle is great.

I would soften your rekluse and put in a lower rear sprocket.

I use to run 14/49 but now i am use to the bike so i run 13/51

Running 13-52..  a little higher idle speed seems to smooth it out but also causes the rekluse to drag ever so slightly..  Not enough to move the bike but just enough to feel.

Would the very light drag cause any issues?..  I can't see why it would as long as the bikes not taking off..  most of the time when it's running the clutch is engaged anyway

Will changing the fuel make a difference? also what about engine temperature? The reason I ask. I had my 350 xcf out for the first time. first 5 min the throttle was as you would expect, instant engine response and holding revs was not a problem. Rode the track for 20 min, now engine response is on and off and when its on it doesn't want to keep constant revs. it it starts pulling.