Sign in to follow this  

What part is this?

Bought an 06 crf450 with some extra parts and this came with it. Anyone know what it is? Probably something I would know of but it has me scratching my head.

1453068124832.jpg

Hard to tell how big that is. But it looks like one of the ratchet pawls that turn the shift drum.

Part #11/12

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/2006/CRF450R+A/GEAR+SHIFT+DRUM/parts.html

it isn't that small it is solid pastic and about 2.5 inches long looks almost like something for the rear axle but I just don't know maybe it was given to me by accident I don't know. Also I used to have a yz250f and it took just 10-30 and I ran Castrol edge in it and changed it every 5 to 7 hours. What do you guys recommend for gear oil and engine oil. 80w belray and Castrol or what?

Rotella, white jug, both sides, change every 5hrs...and yes I care about my bike.

completely agree man I'm going to change engine oil every 5 hours and do filter and gear oil every 10 I decided I am going to run Castrol edge 10 40 and then belray 80 wt. Ran the Castrol edge in my yamaha and changed every five hours and it seamed to work really well so I figured I'd run it in the honda. Rotella is pretty cheap so if I was to run Rotella I'd be on the same schedule as you. It's seems like a lot of people run the Rotella so in the future I may try it.

completely agree man I'm going to change engine oil every 5 hours and do filter and gear oil every 10 I decided I am going to run Castrol edge 10 40 and then belray 80 wt. Ran the Castrol edge in my yamaha and changed every five hours and it seamed to work really well so I figured I'd run it in the honda. Rotella is pretty cheap so if I was to run Rotella I'd be on the same schedule as you. It's seems like a lot of people run the Rotella so in the future I may try it.

the stuff is good. Best bang for the buck. I used to use amsoil, now I just dont, that's a lot of wasted cash.

Yah it sounds good the Castrol is 6 bucks a quart and it saves me some money and that's why I'm gonna do gear oil every ten hours given that the 80 wt is 13 bucks a quart. I've heard good and bad things about amsoil. The mechanic at my local shop is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff and told me not to run amsoil becuase almost every blown up 4t he's had in there had amsoil in it. Not that you can link all that back to amsoil but my friend runs amsoil and it's been good to him but it's just to expensive to change so often. It may take longer to break down its viscosity but if your changing 5 hours what makes the difference? Not much

Yah it sounds good the Castrol is 6 bucks a quart and it saves me some money and that's why I'm gonna do gear oil every ten hours given that the 80 wt is 13 bucks a quart. I've heard good and bad things about amsoil. The mechanic at my local shop is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff and told me not to run amsoil becuase almost every blown up 4t he's had in there had amsoil in it. Not that you can link all that back to amsoil but my friend runs amsoil and it's been good to him but it's just to expensive to change so often. It may take longer to break down its viscosity but if your changing 5 hours what makes the difference? Not much

rotella will stand up against amsoil or anyone else in breakdown, viscosity and all that. It's cheap and you can change it often....but you don't have to change it anymore then any other oil. Cleans the engine well too.