Sign in to follow this  

San Diego to Nashville

Born and raised in San Diego and now moving to Tennessee. Just looking for some riding info. I have a 14 year old son that races district 38 desert racing on a CRF 250x and I have a 450x. Need some positive input for my son he is pretty bummed "No more desert racing and multi day Mexico runs". Questions are. Is there any long distance racing not on a MX track? Can you take off and do a multi day ride? Or maybe some good GPS spots for single track? Any info will help thanks.

I live near Chattanooga tn. There are a couple places around here. It would be a two hour drive from Nashville.

www.cmrariders.com

Fastfarmsmx.com

You can also YouTube search Coalmont tn. If you search through the videos you can find a couple local trails we ride.

You should join natra, little bit of a drive from Nashville but some of the best woods riding in TN. 4000+ acres and tons of single track.

natra-westpoint.net

I'd recommend joining Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders - MTDR. Great group of folks. Club rides presenT opportunities to ride on great trails on private land. Loretta Lynn's runs 2-3 times each year. Westpoint , Tn is great - 2 hours from Nash. All this is oN MTDR site.

I'm a couple hours north of Nashville and finding singletrack is a problem. Redbird Crest Trail in London, Ky is 80ish mile loop. Most of my friends kayak, maybe that could be something for your son. Winters are wet and mild, so that's the paddling season. Backpacking is also good from November til the end of March, then the bugs come out.

sheldon,

are you here yet? we live in the 12 south/green hills area. (also wife a realtor that has worked with several so cal clients relocating for work) 

I am not overly familiar with off road around here (just got a KTM 500exc, so I will be digging into it) but I will say you will be very close to some of the county's best motocross.

You will be about an hour from Loretta Lynns where they hold the MX Sports AMA Amateur Nationals and a GNCC race every year. They also hold two big off road rides each year. 

You are about 5 hours from Muddy Creek where they have the AMA pro motocross race

About 3 hours from Pell City/Monster Mountain where they have one of the big spring amateur races 

Maybe 6 hours from the Crawfordsville Indiana track where they have an AMA pro national 

several other local tracks. might be worth looking at moto instead of off road to get your son's fix.

PM me and I will be happy to pass on any other Nashville info. 

Thanks

DCD