Sign in to follow this  

Fake ASV levers

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Pivot-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Kawasaki-KX65-2000-2016-Dirt-Bike-Motorcross-/111750065507?nav=SEARCH they have tons of colors and different bike models, these were the first ones that came up.

What makes those anywhere near ASVs?

Those look like shitty anodized, square end, poorly finished levers you'd expect from eBay. 

• Like 4

What makes those anywhere near ASVs?

Those look like shitty anodized, square end, poorly finished levers you'd expect from eBay.

My friend ordered some tonight for his kx250, when they come in I'll get back to you on the quality. The way that they are anodized and are breakaway, and the look of the breakaway mechanism made me think ASV
  • Like 2

Haven't bought them, but have seen them/tried them and they are awful.

Generally the cheap chinese knock offs have crappy tolerances and pivot points. Anodizing fades quickly even when not left outside. Finally the square edges are horribly uncomfortable.

I asked the same question so I bought a set. Should be here tomorrow. I'm not expecting much but I also have real ASV levers and love them.

The FleaBay levers look just like the black Cyclegear Trackside levers , which I have a pair of. They look good , fit and work well . The brake is adjustable. I've got the shorties , but they have long too.

Edited by JoeRC51

The FleaBay levers look just like the black Cyclegear Trackside levers , which I have a pair of. They look good , fit and work well . The brake is adjustable. I've got the shorties , but they have long too.

Got one that looks like that for my Honda CRF450R, works good for me so far.

I bought some of those for my street bike (FZ1) and they are junk. The color eventually faded from black to an ugly brown and the fit was very sloppy. The brake lever developed this notchy feeling so there was no longer a smooth pull, only nothing to OH CRAP! I used them for about 10,000 miles of riding before finally throwing them away and putting the stock ones back on. I should have just ordered the real thing.

Here are the $28 levers I got off eBay. Look pretty nice to me. I'll mount them on Friday.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453258830.997226.jpg

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453258843.681085.jpg

I have those same levers on my kawi and they work great. They have survived many hard crashes with only minor scratches. No bending or breakage yet  👍 . I'll probably order the same ones whenever i manage to break or bend  my current set

I have those same levers on my kawi and they work great. They have survived many hard crashes with only minor scratches. No bending or breakage yet 👍 . I'll probably order the same ones whenever i manage to break or bend my current set

My buddy has these on his Kawi 250f, They are nothing compared to ASV, the spring that recoils the lever back feels weak compared to the ASV. In my opinion I think there garbage, I would rather pay $70 and never worry about it again (And never worry about stiff clutch pull).

Just how I think about it.

My buddy has these on his Kawi 250f, They are nothing compared to ASV, the spring that recoils the lever back feels weak compared to the ASV. In my opinion I think there garbage, I would rather pay $70 and never worry about it again (And never worry about stiff clutch pull).

Just how I think about it.

I have ASV on my other bike and would completely agree, there is a big difference but for 90% of people out there they are still a great buy.  Hopefully I can make it 6 months before they turn pink. lol

• Like 1

Let is know how much up and down play they have once installed. Most annoying thing is a lever that vibrates and flops around up and down consistently.