Sign in to follow this  

PW50 clutch issues, not fully disengaging at idle.

Hello, Ive search for the online answer but couldn't find it.  I have a pw50 I bought recently.  It runs great now(fully cleaned carb, oil injector system and reservoir, fuel tank, petcock, etc).  Bike idles fine on the centerstand but dies if you stop the rear wheel or put on the ground.  Seems like the clutch is engaged way too soon at the low rpm.  I didn't know if it was weak clutch springs or a more sinister problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks, ill pull the cover off and see what she looks like.  Unless broken, probably would look fine but Ill get some new springs anyway.

thanks, ill pull the cover off and see what she looks like. Unless broken, probably would look fine but Ill get some new springs anyway.

Check out pwonly.com for parts and avoid Chinese parts. I had 2 pw50's last summer and cheaped out on one which caused nothing but a headache. For springs, buy some light springs or the clutch will engage really late causing new headaches, especially if your kid is heavier than about 40lbs and keep your oil injection working. It doesn't just add oil to the carb, it lubricates the crank too. Ditching it and running premix will cause problems.