Sign in to follow this  

New wheels finished. Now decisions.

I finally got my second set of wheels finished. I was building these to put a set of Kenda trackmaster II knobbies on. Now that they are done im thinking i might should put my heidenau scouts on the new black rims for the street and put my knobbies on the silver wheels for offroad. Which way do you guys think would look better.

20160112_174846.jpgIMG_5011.jpg

• Like 4

What rims cost more? The nice shiny ones should really go on the street. You could always plastidip the old ones and run them in the dirt.

• Like 1

What rims cost more? The nice shiny ones should really go on the street. You could always plastidip the old ones and run them in the dirt.

The silver ones came with the bike, but are almost mint. The black set was a budget build i just finished. Coated set of old E rims with new spokes. Im kinda agreeing that the black should go on the street.

• Like 2

I finally got my second set of wheels finished. I was building these to put a set of Kenda trackmaster II knobbies on. Now that they are done im thinking i might should put my heidenau scouts on the new black rims for the street and put my knobbies on the silver wheels for offroad. Which way do you guys think would look better.

I would do it exactly how you said.  Some Heidenau's on the nice black rims.  And the TM's on the bare aluminum rims !

• Like 2

I'd say Black for street..silver for offroad. Black looks killer when clean and it doesn't take much dust or dirt on them to make them look dirty.

• Like 1

I may get booed off the forum, but the spoke covers are just not my cup of tea. They just look cheap to me. I like the look of a shiny metal spoke!

Me too. 

• Like 3

I think you should use the black for off road, silver ones are to shiny, 

Are you using a side rack in the first picture? i've been debating on getting one to protect my exhaust in the event that i lay it down, also to protect my saddle bag from the exhaust.

spoke skins are sooo cheesy to me..i cant stand them.. 

if i were doing the same as you id get anodized spokes and nipples 👍

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 2

I am running pannier racks. These are sw motech. They have held up very well so far (no hard crashes though). When i bought this bike i figured id pull all the ugly stuff off and really pimp it out.... ive went the extreme opposite, function is way better than fashion. This bike has been a blast!

• Like 1