Who's your Sponsors?

A Private sponsor £1000

Mito uk - a main progrip distributor for the uk- free gear

Muc off- heavily discounted products

Fro systems-heavily discounted products

Ftr suspension- a uk distributor for öhlins

Free valving, cheap springs and servicing, as well as track side setup

A small bike shop- free merchandise

Endurotyres.com- southern distributor of Michelin tyres for the uk-free or very cheap tyres with free fitting

Local bike shop that does my engines does discounted or free labour and parts, couple more that o can't remember.

I'm 15 (16 end of month) and a race a 150sx in a expert or mx2 class at local series.

When I was younger and snowboarding was still pretty new, I worked for Blackcomb and was on the hill at least 125 times a season. I would shoot off some emails to clothing and gear manufactures honestly explaining what I could offer them (I was not PRO) and usually got some stuff.

As far a dirt biking goes, I'm serous about how and where I ride BUT really don't feel I have the exposure to look for sponsors.

Now with that said, I am a very loyal customer when I find manufactures/products I like and will buy/use their stuff and MAY put stickers on my bike but I'm not so much into stickers/graphics.

On my bike I've got Acerbis, FMF, Pivot Works and Renthal decals cus I really like their stuff and they have good decals. OTP is my local bike shop and I like Pro Taper

20150125_121128_zpsfoxee7l0.jpg

Now who I would like to be sponsored by (in addition to who's decals I have on my bike) cus this is where I have or will spend most of my money with and somewhat in order......

Whoever might want to give me a free bike but I am slightly picky

Budweiser

Maxxis

Maxima

Acerbis

Alpine Star

No-Toil

I think I've digressed.

Edited by filterx

No one gets free gear or merchandise from there sponsors?

? It's not "free" ... if you're looking for sponsors to get "free" stuff, you're better off working a second job and just paying for the gear.

The time and $$ (fuel, lodging, food) I put towards races/events/shows/classes is a loss compared to the value of the "free" stuff I get.  Not saying I don't appreciate it though... but i'm certainly not in it for the "free stuff".

IMG_20151124_190143434-L.jpg

Toured the factory while I was up that way Friday... all my gear's on display right in their front lobby ?

DSC_0502_-L.jpg

I need to ride with more photogs :banghead:

187-FILE0036_-L.jpg

Or the armor I wear on the bike, or when I'm taking pics at races?

IMG_20150412_154715501_HDR-L.jpg

Or entry fees?

DSC_7709_-L.jpg

• Like 1

No one gets free gear or merchandise from there sponsors?

I will occasionally do videos featuring products from sponsors, and thus I get the product for "free" for testing.  Or sometimes a small amount of compensation through an affiliate program.  However it really isn't "free" as there can be significant time spent in using, testing, video production, video promotion, ect...

So nothing is ever free.

This was my first ever sponsored/promoted video back in the infancy of Youtube (March of 2006)

Sponsorship has a wider scope than just getting free gear, putting a sticker on your bike, and showing up and even winning a race.  I have used sponsorship's to with a lot of projects I have done of have been involved with and most did not involve racing.  It is all about how you can promote those that are supporting you in unique ways, and you don't have to be some hot shot to do it.

Here is an example of a grand opening event (back in 2010) I planned around a new 500 acre riding area that I/we donated (money) and helped promote.  I used sponsors for support in terms of prizes, money for incidentals related to putting on a family friendly event with games to draw crowds and increase tourism in the area.

1754669_orig.jpg

Race to put on the gear, promoting safety.  The adult game was a scavenger hunt around the riding area.

8782668_orig.jpg

2746636_orig.jpg

Edited by thejunkman
  • Like 1

I do get a fair amount of support from those arround me.
​Really great deal on the bike, free graphics if I run there name and larger discount at the parts counter plus shop contingency back top five any series.

My suspension guy really treats me well, and offers support at the track.
​My tire guy is supper cheap and usually has some swag for me.

KTM has contingency back three places.

I am not out to get thing's but some thing's have come my way because I will tell those around me who's good to deal with. I know I get better service because of this.

There's a couple "sponsors",available that will sponsor anyone, but they spam email enough it's almost not worth the discount. For whatever it's worth, I had a few real sponsors as a kid and my oldest daughter does now. Talented kids seem to get more free shit than adults. Sponsor basically means "buy your kids shit here and we will use a little lube when we screw you". There's no free ride, but any discount is awesome when you are paying for someone else to ride, even if it's your kids.