Jetting issue - see pic

Re-jetted my 05 Crf250x today and had 2 issues not counting just getting access.  First, when I was swapping the needle i happened to notice this little piece just sitting there on the frame nearby.  I have no idea where it came from and didn't see if come off the needle or screw holding it in. But oddly it does slide on the needle for a perfect fit and I can't imagine where else it came from!  HELP!  is it just a coincidence or is it a piece that belongs with the needle.   If so, let me know how to reassemble.  See pic.

Second issue; when replacing the fuel screw with an RD I removed the stock one and there was no washer.  I used a dental tool to try and get it out but after looking with a mirror i don't see one up there.  any chance it didn't have one or did I possibly leave it behind?

C42FC8A6-44C4-4013-B0F3-F401D619F4C1_zps

Make sure your needle has all the parts on it shown in the diagram. If so, then you can probably dismiss that black part you found.

You'll want to be sure the fuel screw bore doesn't have the original washer and oring up in there before you go installing your new screw that has its own. Sometimes, with the washer and oring up in there, it can "look like" you're looking at the bottom of the bore and there's nothing else  up in there. You have to know what you're looking for. You should see a smaller diameter bore at the bottom of the fuel screw bore. That is the recess for the oring. If you aren't seeing that, then chances are, the washer and oring are still there. You can blast the passage with compressed air to try to dislodge them, but I prefer to use a small piece of wire that I put a small hook in the end of and fish them out so I can have them as spares if they're in good shape.

Jet needle.JPG

Thanks.  yes, I did confirm that that piece in the pic was from a little pin style grommet.  I found the "male" portion of it.  No idea where it came from though.  small enough that it's probably not that important.

On the o-ring, if it's up there then it's well hidden and cant' be fished out.  I couldn't see it.  I should add that washer did come out so I would think the black o-ring would be pretty obvious.   I guess I'll try and tune it and if I have weird issues then will re-investigate.

Edited by Mojo1969