Sign in to follow this  

Opinions on value of rebuilt XR 400(lost title) in

0 hours on rebuild. New cam, timing chain, piston, rings, gaskets, tires, paint, handle bars, fmf power core 4, polished engine, plastics(except air box) and chain. I feel like I can get 2500$ but I was just wondering what you think I should post it for in Austin texas. Please give me any advice/quotes! Thanks

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453097245.207960.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453097304.852114.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453097354.445254.jpg

The last one is it before rebuild^

what year is it Looks like a 97-98 or so, people ask 2500 here all the time and sell them for what they are worth between 1200-2000, 1500 average ...no title low end

Did you upgrade the kick starter shaft and right side cover to the 99 and up larger shaft? That would get you more then a black paint job on the frame . I bought a 96 for 1500 that was just rebuilt, I bought a 98 with title and pumper carb and exhaust upgrades for 1450, and a 2002 with title that needed a small amount of work for 700, I wouldn't ask more the 1500 or take any less for any of the three. But that's the going price around here , Texas might be a bit more or less, you still have a bike that is just shy of 20 years old and really nothing special. Just my .02

xr's.jpg

Putting a value on it is hard, for me here in New Mexico I would most likely not consider it as I would have to spend roughly $300 on a bonded title and have to wait 3 years for an actual title.  You've obviously done lots of work to your bike, why sell? Most times in my experience I find that I do not recoup what I've put into my bikes, they are definitely a labor of love.

• Like 1