Adjustable levers for the 2015/16 RR series

I had an ASV shorty on my 2010, but I see they make models for 2013-2015. If you have some time, look at their fit chart. You'll see the front brake is a BLF11, BHF30 or BDC601. 

Those same models fit Aprillia RXV 450 / MXV450 (05-15) from the same pdf.

However, those same models appear on the pdfs for the Jap bikes. So, you can probably search other websites, knowing your front brake is the same as:

KX 65 / 85 / 100 / 125 / 250 / 250 / 500 (00-16).

There should be lots of choices.

• Like 1

Yours doesn't look like this?  Ignore the black Hayes add-on lever in the pic (not mine, just found it on google).  The silver stock Brembo has that black plastic thumbscrew for reach adjustment.

100_3073.jpg

U

Yours doesn't look like this?  Ignore the black Hayes add-on lever in the pic (not mine, just found it on google).  The silver stock Brembo has that black plastic thumbscrew for reach adjustment.

100_3073.jpg

Yes, I have that on the clutch side but the brake side has no adjustment range, only engagement pressure point.

The only problem with the clutch lever is as you adjust the lever postition, you are also decreasing disengagement.......

Yes, I have that on the clutch side but the brake side has no adjustment range, only engagement pressure point.

The only problem with the clutch lever is as you adjust the lever postition, you are also decreasing disengagement.......

You are right about the front brake.  For me, getting the clutch reach to feel just right is a lot more critical, so not having reach adjustment on the brake side doesn't bother me as much.  BTW, I don't think I've ever come across any adjustable lever that doesn't reduce the amount of throw as you adjust the lever reach closer to the bar.  And so yes, for riders with very small hands, it is possible to get too little clutch pull.

That's a pic of my bike before I started thrashing it!

Good to know!  Hope you don't mind me sharing it.  I was looking for a pic of the Beta levers and yours look great.  Nice setup by the way.  LHRB, I presume?

I think I will go with the ARC as they have worked well in the past.....but not the composite....when it's time.

1332519993758142519383.jpeg

Bill I have the ARC composite only because the aluminum one curled up. The warranty is great. I took it to their shop and they offered a free replacement or a new composite for like 10 bucks. It was a no brainer. 

100_0391_zpshnhajxi9.jpg

IMG_0790_zps76zpgtne.jpg

You are right about the front brake.  For me, getting the clutch reach to feel just right is a lot more critical, so not having reach adjustment on the brake side doesn't bother me as much.  BTW, I don't think I've ever come across any adjustable lever that doesn't reduce the amount of throw as you adjust the lever reach closer to the bar.  And so yes, for riders with very small hands, it is possible to get too little clutch pull.

Good to know!  Hope you don't mind me sharing it.  I was looking for a pic of the Beta levers and yours look great.  Nice setup by the way.  LHRB, I presume?

It's totally cool! Yes LHRB and it works great in nasty terrain.

• Like 1

It's totally cool! Yes LHRB and it works great in nasty terrain.

Sorry, off topic, but your original pic had what looks like Beta handguard made by EE. Then the later ones had the same Beta bracket but different plastic flag (or whatever those things are called)? Must have been a pretty hard spill for the handguard not to have protected your lever. I ask only because I have those same EE handguards.

Sorry, off topic, but your original pic had what looks like Beta handguard made by EE. Then the later ones had the same Beta bracket but different plastic flag (or whatever those things are called)? Must have been a pretty hard spill for the handguard not to have protected your lever. I ask only because I have those same EE handguards.

Trail debris, rocks, trees, other riders, more other riders, gaurds knocked loose, or a dozen other reasons for the lever to bend.

I have fallen while pushing down on the brake lever (lost my grip on the bar and was 'grasping' ...) , pushing it nearly straight down into the ground, where it promptly exploded the master cylinder....