Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Race DH? Or racing in general

Nice video, looks like a fun course. I have never raced but train with guys that do and this year, I too will give it a try. I should have a GoPro by then and hopefully, will post some video as long as I'm not embarrassing myself, lol

Man that looks great, and right in my backyard too! I haven't ridden my mountain bike since November, might have to try and get in some riding and sign up.

To answer the OPs question, I have not raced anything mountain bike. Last year I looked at doing the Northstar DH series, then proceeded to get an all mountain bike and start exploring trails around Lake Tahoe, so no DH-ing all of last year. It certainly looks like a great deal of fun!

Good luck on the NV downhill, maybe if I can swing it I'll see you there!

I guess I should show off the wheel I just built in preperation, trying out a new 7 speed hub.

20160129_213214_zpsd4nw2ged.jpg

20160129_213227_zpsgjemppwb.jpg

It'd be pretty cool if you could make it MXVet, I'm set on going, no excuses unless I get broken. 

Not a race but if you get a chance to go ride at Whistler BC here is a taste of what you might see, I was there in Oct with some buddies for a guys weekend.  It was awesome!

Edited by GogglesPizano
  • Like 1

I raced for years. I still have my jerseys and # plates from every 24 hours of summer solstice and 24 hours of adrenaline. One of many things that got expensive and stopped after having kids. Little fat for it these days, but I have been trying to find some slightly less competitive guys like myself to do a 10 man team for 24 hours of summer solstice in Albion Hills this year if anyone is interested. It would be nice to do it again even if I'm not as competitive anymore.

Some random short video footage for anyone curious.

https://youtu.be/A6SyVRPtdj0

Not a race but if you get a chance to go ride at Whistler BC here is a taste of what you might see, I was there in Oct with some buddies for a guys weekend.  It was awesome!

Nothing better than whistler!

On 2/2/2016 at 6:14 PM, SDet said:

I guess I should show off the wheel I just built in preperation, trying out a new 7 speed hub.

20160129_213214_zpsd4nw2ged.jpg

20160129_213227_zpsgjemppwb.jpg

It'd be pretty cool if you could make it MXVet, I'm set on going, no excuses unless I get broken. 

7 speed is a dh deal?

3 hours ago, trackmaster said:

7 speed is a dh deal?

Yeah, you get wider jumps. And a wider hub. So, less shifting and stronger wheel.