OldDutchFarm

YZ450FX Owner EFI & Timing Map Database

61 posts in this topic

Since the 450F and 450FX have different ECUs, I thought it appropriate for an FX specific FI map thread. As a start,the map from the Motorcycle.com review of the FX that is supposed to give a hard hit with quick revs can be found here: http://www.motorcycle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/121615-2016-yamaha-YZ450FX-AlternateECU-Settings.jpg

Edited by OldDutchFarm
1 person likes this

Where can someone find these maps for the FX ?.I would have thought that some

maps would have been posted by now.

1 person likes this

For anyone who cares, I've started building a database of sorts with different maps I've found for the FX.  If you have something that works for you or would like to see what I have so far let me know.  If someone is really good with databases and wants to help out, I'd love to have a searchable database so you could quickly locate a map to suit your needs.

I tried the bottom two, I wasn't a big fan of map 2. I will try the hard hitting one soon.

Yamaha already list some baseline maps for the latest models on their site (under the specifications tab at the bottom right of the page):

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/gytr-power-tuner?b=Off-Road+Motorcycle&d=20&f=2016|277&dealernumber=

Untitled_zpsdkaqilyt.jpg

They look pretty wimpy unless your riding in rocks. I use something like the middle one for fueling with +4's on all the ignition. However mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

... mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

I don't think that's a particularly safe assumption, given the differences in camshaft profile.  The FX uses the YZ-F cams.  Worth trying, though

I don't think that's a particularly safe assumption, given the differences in camshaft profile.  The FX uses the YZ-F cams.  Worth trying, though

They all use the same cams for the 16's. But the WR has stock a plugged up pea shooter pipe and air cleaner restrictor for sure. Funny thing is the bike seems to run great with about any settings.

I'm wanting to play with the mapping more on my 450FX although I'm not really sure what the numbers mean. What I'm saying is, if I want it to be soft on the bottom, would I want a + or a - number? And would you recommend adjusting the Fuel before the Ignition, vice versa or if I make a change to one, I need to change the other? 

I've found a million vids on how to turn on the tuner, edit it and send it to the ECU although I'm lost when it comes to what the settings actually do to the bike.

I have a 16' 450FX w/ FMF RCT 4.1 slip on. I ride in pretty loose, rocky and rooty terrain so I'd like something really smooth on bottom and mid. I'm attaching what my settings currently are.

Mapping.jpg

1 person likes this

I haven't adjusted mine from stock but here are some different maps from Yamaha you could try. Test each one and see what it does to the power and then you would have a better idea how it affects the power characteristics. Then report your findings back to us :-)

450FX tuner.jpg

Edited by keeseckb

They look pretty wimpy unless your riding in rocks. I use something like the middle one for fueling with +4's on all the ignition. However mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

Yamaha do have some differences between the maps for the YZFX and the WR. The hard hitting maps are the same but the smooth linear maps have differences (only counting the maps for the wr with the GYTR/aftermarket exhaust).

I haven't adjusted mine from stock but here are some different maps from Yamaha you could try. Test each one and see what it does to the power and then you would have a better idea how it affects the power characteristics. Then report your findings back to us :-)

Those maps have already been posted, scroll up! :thumbsup:

Just got my 450 FX and thought I would try a different Map to see if I could make it a little smoother right off idle and less likely to stall.  My problem is when I go to down load a Map I get the message that I'm not connected to the ECU but when in the monitor function I can read my idle speed, coolant temperature etc so I know I'm connected. I only have about 1 hr on the bike.and the tuner is new.  Any ideas?

Just got my 450 FX and thought I would try a different Map to see if I could make it a little smoother right off idle and less likely to stall.  My problem is when I go to down load a Map I get the message that I'm not connected to the ECU but when in the monitor function I can read my idle speed, coolant temperature etc so I know I'm connected. I only have about 1 hr on the bike.and the tuner is new.  Any ideas?

When it says not connected hit the electric start button but don't start it. The bikes ignition needs to be on.

Anyone playing with maps yet?  Mine is still stock for now, hoping to try different maps this weekend.  I'd really like to get my database up and going so the 450FX crowd can learn from each other and find what works best.

When it says not connected hit the electric start button but don't start it. The bikes ignition needs to be on.

Thanks - That did it. Got the Map loaded

I had a 12 yz450 before I got my fx, still had the marmont map on my tuner so tried it out. Very happy with this map. Have tried the gytr maps for the fx and wasn't to happy with them, seemed to flame out easier. I've been happiest with stock (go figure) and the marmont map. To each their own thou, run the marmont map during races and fun riding and have the stock map for slick and single track like hatfields mccoys stuff.

Anyone playing with maps yet? Mine is still stock for now, hoping to try different maps this weekend. I'd really like to get my database up and going so the 450FX crowd can learn from each other and find what works best.

Any info on the database your working on? I'm starting to play around with mine as well. Curious about this "marmont map" / (Dr D's)?? Anyone have the figures for this? I've read through about 5 threads and have been unable to find the actual numbers.