Sign in to follow this  

2016 KX 450f seat foam

Kind of a question more than anything as I've never changed the stock seat foam, but maybe because I'm older now and feel the bumps more, but are there foam replacements out there that are more forgiving than stock?  I had my tailbone so battered after a track day recently that I was wondering about this after seeing aftermarket seat foams available.  Does anyone have experience with them and know how they compare to stock?

ima a 50+ vet. I find its cheaper to stand up more and ya wont hit your tail bone. LOL sorry couldnt resist

ima a 50+ vet. I find its cheaper to stand up more and ya wont hit your tail bone. LOL sorry couldnt resist

haha - I wish that would solve the problem!  It was one day in particular where the bumps coming out of the corners were really bad, and I wouldn't say I was sitting an abnormal amount, just typical sit in the turns then get back up type stuff.  My tailbone was sore for two weeks!  I've since purchased the Fox shorts with padding to help.  No problems since 🙂

• Like 1

Just wanted to throw a little update out there.  I ended up ordering Guts seat foam in the soft variety and added a Monster Energy Kawi no slip seat cover to it.  Really like the setup!  A little more cushion for my tushion and helps me stay up front in the turns.