KLX 140L fork swap

I've decided to buy and build a KLX 140L as a pit bike. I've read a ton of threads on how easy it is to bolt on a set of KX 85/ KX 100 forks. However, I have one question. What year model KX's use the same forks? I've been looking on E Bay and there are several sets. But some are listed as being from late 90's model bikes and they look the same as the latest KX 85 and KX 100 forks.

Another question on the KX to KLX for conversion. Do you need a front brake line from the KX85 or KX100 or can the KLX brake line be rerouted to work? Most of the conversions I've looked at appear to have the front brake line routed like the KX.

That's what I was afraid of. The more I looked at converted bikes, the more it looked like the KLX brake line would be too short to reroute like the KX. Add to that the added length of the KX forks and taller bars and it equals one more part to buy!

Do you know what year KX 85/KX100 forks are the same? Looking at them, it appears that they have been unchanged for years and years.

Ok, I've ordered a set of KX 85 forks. I've also ordered a KX85 front brake line. I was under the impression that I could just re-use my KLX 140 front brake caliper and master cylinder. I have read that the KX master cylinder is a better design and will give better braking performance. Can I re-use my KLX front brake caliper on the KX 85 forks? Mainly, I wanted to use as many of my KLX parts as possible since they are basically new.