Sign in to follow this  

2006 TTR250 Oil Leak From Head?

My brother in-laws TTR 250 is leaking oil from the head. At first I thought it was coming from the cam cover, so I replaced it.

When I replaced the cam cover I inspected the gasket area and didn't see where it would have been leaking from. I ran it and it is still leaking oil. The oil appears to be coming from the plug on the right side of the head right above the exhaust port. Looks like it would be where a manual decompression actuator would go.

I don't see this part on the parts diagram.

Has anyone else seen this? Remedies?

My brother in-laws TTR 250 is leaking oil from the head. At first I thought it was coming from the cam cover, so I replaced it.

When I replaced the cam cover I inspected the gasket area and didn't see where it would have been leaking from. I ran it and it is still leaking oil. The oil appears to be coming from the plug on the right side of the head right above the exhaust port. Looks like it would be where a manual decompression actuator would go.

I don't see this part on the parts diagram.

Has anyone else seen this? Remedies?

Go here http://ttr250.activeboard.com/t61619391/cylinder-head-decompressor-plug/  Pretty common situation.