Stroked

Race Cam stage 3

Vortex X10 ignition

Performance gearbox

Ported

HD clutch

FMF 4.1 pipe

Suspension tuned

Has only traveled 3.5 hours (200 km) to run in...

Just after some thoughts on the big bore from those with personal experience please..

Thanks

Hey guys,

Looking at buying a 2011 Honda CRF450r with the following ;

500cc big bore kit

Stroked

Race Cam stage 3

Vortex X10 ignition

Performance gearbox

Ported

HD clutch the hot rods stroker crank is not balanced the best I have been build 501s from the same components and adding a longer rod and balancing t 55% factor and endin up woth a smoother and more powerfull engine

FMF 4.1 pipe

Suspension tuned

Has only traveled 3.5 hours (200 km) to run in...

Just after some thoughts on the big bore from those with personal experience please..

Thanks

Thanks Ron, yeah that was one of my concerns ( increased vibration). I've spoken the the guy selling it and he says no unusual vibration at any rpm.. Hopefully this one was balanced correctly! He seems pretty honest. I guess I'll know when I take it for a spin hey..

What is the "performance gearbox" haven't heard that one yet...

its probably either lightweight or different ratios

I have the 511 kit in my 05 crf

With stage3 cam and stm slipper clutch

You can really feel the difference from stock

The only downside

To replace the piston it'll cost double

its probably either lightweight or different ratios

Yeah custom ratios, apparently meant to compliment the extra torque from big bore.. I haven't done the mods to this bike, I'm looking at buying it so don't know a whole lot about it.

I have the 511 kit in my 05 crf

With stage3 cam and stm slipper clutch

You can really feel the difference from stock

The only downside

To replace the piston it'll cost double

How do you find the power delivery? Did you lose a lot of top end? Any increased vibration?

How do you find the power delivery? Did you lose a lot of top end? Any increased vibration?

It's got power alway thru

With the stage 3 you don't loose any top end

And I don't have any increased vibration

I had my 2006 CRF450 converted to a 511 in 2010. It ended up with a 19% increase in HP and 26% increase in torque. Mine has the stage 2 cam, and I mostly use the low to midrange power, although it has good over-rev.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that the engine really shouldn't be rev-ed over 10k RPM, but the stock ECU rev limiter is set at 11k RPM.

I had my 2006 CRF450 converted to a 511 in 2010. It ended up with a 19% increase in HP and 26% increase in torque. Mine has the stage 2 cam, and I mostly use the low to midrange power, although it has good over-rev.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that the engine really shouldn't be rev-ed over 10k RPM, but the stock ECU rev limiter is set at 11k RPM.

I'll keep that in mind man, thanks.. This one has vortex x10 ignition system so I'll make sure to limit it so it doesn't over rev..

Ron, can you comment more about the addition of a longer rod on the stroker crank? With a 3 mm additional stroke, how much longer is the connecting rod and how is the cylinder raised to compensate? My rod is 1.5 mm shorter than stock.

Ron, can you comment more about the addition of a longer rod on the stroker crank? With a 3 mm additional stroke, how much longer is the connecting rod and how is the cylinder raised to compensate? My rod is 1.5 mm shorter than stock.

Actually, I'm just guessing on how much shorter my connecting rod is.

I'll keep that in mind man, thanks.. This one has vortex x10 ignition system so I'll make sure to limit it so it doesn't over rev..

II

I need to see if those are available for my 06. Thanks!

I keep my vortex ignition on #4 click