Sign in to follow this  

'14 & '15 250F's seems to be having some problems

My 2015 YZ 250F problems started at 20 hours and it seems there are others with the same problem and the link I have been following and posting in is over on Vital MX and can be found http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/2015-YZ250F-PROBLEMS,1285291?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=1

We race moto only and ours just started out of the blue and starts and idles fine but when the throttle is applied it bogs and pops. I did a leak down test to eliminate any mechanical issues with the cylinder, valve timing ect. Leak down was good at 10% leak by.

GYTR tuner shows a error code for the air pressure sensor. Yamaha has updated the TPS sensor to a new part number and it fixes most peoples problem but didn't fix mine.

Yes we have drained the fuel, new plug, and greased all the connections with dialectric grease and all the simple stuff. At Lorettas Rock River Yamaha was suggesting people with the problem to replace the wiring harness and attach it loosely to the frame. Seems to be moisture related. Remember last year in the outdoors they had problems getting Jeremy Martin's bike to fire and the next weekend the weren't power washing their bikes on the Yamaha team.

Just wondering if anyone has had this electrical ghost problem and what they did or what they have heard.

Of course Yamaha is not talking but that's no surprise because their frames have been cracking at the head stay in the middle of the weld since '07. You can read up on that on MX Action.

Thanks in advance, Jason

Ye

Was the TPS set? Did you replace the air pressure sensor? Stators are also failing!

Yes it was set.

Not sure what number in the  schematic the APS is but I have tested it and it seems like the next step even though it checks out good and changing it hasn't helped others.

Yes I have heard about the stators and rectifier problems.

Jason

What ended up being the resolution? My 2015 YZ250F has same issue. Runs good and starts good - timing on point and valve clearances are great. It just bogs bad from gate and out of corners!